Join our zoo community

Things That Irritate You on the Forum

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Great Argus, 18 Nov 2021.

1. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Although I, and many others, have no interest in the fantasy forum, we do appreciate your many really good photographs.

KevinB, TinoPup and IndianRhino like this.
  2. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

People who refer to animals by names given by keepers, without identifying the species, such as in this thread

Chester Zoo Discussion and Questions 2021 [Chester Zoo]

Then, a staff member comes on to remind them ... but still leaves us guessing what species the OP was referring to :D

3. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I just want to chime in as a former immature child on this website, I am annoyed by them, but I can't help but sympathize with them, as I did not have the luxury of being able to join this website at a relatively mature age, so I would post in rather silly language and make references that literally no one would understand. I feel bad about my past here but the only thing I CAN do is apologize, and I am sorry for anyone who had to put up with my silliness in the past.

4. Tetzoo Quizzer

Tetzoo Quizzer Well-Known Member

Young members have a duty to be immature, so long as they don’t take offence when us grumpy old sods respond! Mind you, don’t call me a boomer unless you are making a specific comparison to an large adult Macropodid Marsupial!

5. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

That's the spirit!

iluvwhales likes this.
  6. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Given the fact @Crowthorne hasn't visited Chester IIRC she may not have known herself :p

TinoPup and Crowthorne like this.
  7. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Yep, never been. I also find it annoying when animals are discussed using their given names without also giving their species.

TinoPup, IndianRhino and Coelacanth18 like this.
  8. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

This has been something I have been trying to work on in the past months and still now, And I admit without a doubt I was a highly annoying little F***. Lots of members were and now the complete opposite. This includes users like Thylo for god's sake!
    The Nonsense Thread

I really, REALLY hope I'm accepted by at least 45% of the ZC community at this point because I honestly wish everything prior to like a few months ago was deleted!! :p

HungarianBison likes this.