Join our zoo community

ThomasNotToms introduction :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TNT, 6 Jan 2017.

1. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hello all!

As you may have guessed, my names Thomas, (not Tom) and I'm a 17 year old from the UK.
    Since I was young, (I guess I still am) animals and zoos have been a passion; I spent my first birthday at Bristol Zoo, had keeper days at Exmoor and will soon be spending my 18th at ZSL.
    Last year, I spent a week doing my internship a Bristol zoo where I got to work in the mammals section, this thoroughly rooted my passion to become a zookeeper... which should be possible after completing a Zooology degree and gaining work experience in the years to come. Since then, I've become obsessed with the history of the zoo and also others with interesting stories such as Dudley and their amazing, but sadly underused Tecton structures. Further more, I recently completed an EPQ (Like a dissertation) with the question: 'Is it acceptable to keep the great apes in captivity) In the end it was around 9,000 words long, a thrill to write and to top it all off, I managed to get an A* (53/54).

I really hope to get to know some of you and widen my knowledge of all things Zoo!

Thanks, All the best.

2. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat Thomas.

3. TNT

Thanks! I'm actually down your way tomorrow visiting Shaldon Zoo, I've been before but don't recall a thing as I was very young. Cant wait!

4. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Also from the Netherlands, welcome to ZooChat !

5. TNT

Thank you!

6. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hey Tom (just kidding) great to have you. With your passion and increasing experience you will certainly have a lot to contribute.

TNT likes this.
  7. TNT

Haha! Thanks, and great to be here!