Join our zoo community

Those We Have Known....

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by sooty mangabey, 29 Jan 2012.

1. BeardsleyZooFan

BeardsleyZooFan Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Has anyone else noticed the absence of loxodanta? He's been quiet since June, and rarely posted before that. He was the first to provide us most information and photos of New England zoos.

2. Goretex

Goretex Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have become more of a lurker rather than a contributer now. :) Not that I was ever a big one.

ZooLeopard has also become very much a lurcker (no postings) rather than a contributer.

Also Andii, GillP, Roz and KarenZoo who were all quite big contributors on the Colxhester Zoo front all seem to have gone?

3. karenZOO

karenZOO Well-Known Member

How funny Goretex I was just reading this post and thinking of posting how much I miss the Colchester mob :D

I read the forums several times during the day but rarely post except the odd picture mainly because I am not sure anyone is interested in the mad ramblings of a zoo fan who certainly is not an expert. So what if I am smitten with a 40+ orang utan!

Think the CZ mob got fed up of the constant digs at CZ but have seen nothing but praise for it lately :D (well almost all praise lol we don't expect it, its not us that's soooo competitive ;) )

Wish I had videoed my partner jumping up and down shouting at the top of his voice at Chester zoo in October :rolleyes: :p 'Karen have you seen the size of THEIR fake rock balls' I was crying with laughter at the boulders by the hunting dogs!! He was tapping on everyone shouting 'fake, fake, fake'

Well I thought it was funny :D

Last edited: 25 Nov 2012
  4. cloudedleopard

cloudedleopard Well-Known Member

What about snowleopard? He still posts, but he is not online much. Is he disappearing?

5. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Or may be just may be its because he has a young family and a new arrival and doesn't have the time too post,why not ask about somebody that hasn't been on for,years instead of just trying to add to your post count,and spamming every thread!!!

6. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

And he seems to have a stalker on here now.

felis silvestris likes this.
  7. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Well that could be a good reason to leave for awhile.

8. cloudedleopard

cloudedleopard Well-Known Member

Siamang27 from Texas?

9. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

What an interesting thread. It was great to read about the ghosts of zoochat past.

Since then we have lost jbnbsn99, who left shortly after his resignation as a moderator over a year ago. Me and him never quite saw eye to eye, but he was a meaningful contribution to the site. Cat-man resigned the day before for an unknown reason. And Toddy Has not been on since last April.

Also, it says Sun Wukong was last seen in 2013, after he was banned of course. Did he come back just to get banned again?

felis silvestris and AnaheimZoo like this.
  10. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

Yes, since this thread was busy, six years ago, a number of more excellent users have ceased posting (including, ironically, a number who commented earlier on this thread).

How about....

• Zoogiraffe - the 6th busiest poster in Zoochat’s history, but last contributed in early November 2017 (being, it might be said, typically forthright in dealing with a foolish comment from someone).
    • Tarzan - not his first incarnation. Hopefully his last. Got increasingly odd (see above for a typically odd exchange). Then got banned.
    • Nisha - many posts on the most obscure events (“a squirrel monkey has been born at Wingham Wildlife Park”). But nothing since last September.
    • Javan Rhino - producer of gentle, engaging, insightful comments. And lots of them. But not since last November.
    • Giant Eland - some fantastic photographs, mainly of unusual mammals. But not for nearly a year now (May 2017, and a picture of some leaping dolphins).

But in amongst the loss of @zoogiraffe, @Nisha, @Javan Rhino, @TARZAN and @Giant Eland, old friends do reappear (although sometimes in new guises). Sun Wukong is not wholly dead!

11. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I remember Nisha's last post. At the end it said something like 'goodbye zoochat thanks for the memories'. Everyone started asking questions but then the comments were deleted.

12. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Tarzan is not a loss, he's a lost cause. His other profiles were decidedly worse than that, I would even go as far as to say he was quite psychotic towards the end. He had about four accounts at one time, mostly used to back up his rather outlandish statements!

As far as the three other British posters are concerned, they are still going to zoos and discussing them but they have just stopped posting on here for their own reasons.

sooty mangabey likes this.
  13. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

Another couple that have (sadly) gone, both from Jersey Zoo: @JerseyLotte, not seen for half a decade after posting all sorts of excellent things, mainly from Jersey’s Reptile House, and @Rick J, who bowed out in 2015 after charmingly offering an insider’s perspective for several years.

Chlidonias likes this.
  14. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Certainly wasn't his last :p I can think of at least a dozen accounts he used after abandoning that one, including Animal Friendly, Junior Friendly, Noris Cole, Roy Cropper, Dalton Boy, Ronnie Kray, Reggie Kray and Okapi Boy!

felis silvestris likes this.
  15. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Nanoboy has gone missing. He always livened the place up with his wit.

16. Giant Eland

Giant Eland Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Mangabey haha. I still check the site every now and then but unfortunately haven't been able to take any interesting trips lately. I still have some photos I never got around to posting that I'm sure I'll upload eventually when I have some time. Keep up the great work everyone!

17. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I've always suspected he couldn't stay away but that's great "news" on a Monday morning. Sun was truly one of the all time great posters in my opinion. I'm feeling a little daft now for not noticing and my grey matter's churning through the possible suspects.

18. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

How about Nikola?He have post some meaningful tgings but disappear after the argument with Batto.

19. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Please don't blame this on me; I was just one of quite a few who (generally politely, if I might add) pointed out the flaws of his (to my knowledge still fictional) ambitious project. As far as I know, he quit on his own terms. And doesn't seem to hold any grudges, as he follows WdG on Facebook (and wants to buy one of my rattlesnakes).

20. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

What happens when an account gets banned? Can you still see historical posts, or do they all disappear?