Join our zoo community

Those We Have Known....

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by sooty mangabey, 29 Jan 2012.

1. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

They remain.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Feb 2018
  2. Pygathrix

Pygathrix Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What happens if you identify a banned member with a new profile?

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Feb 2018
  3. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

It varies based on time elapsed since the ban, the original reason for the ban, whether the user is behaving themselves and other such factors, but in practice it comes down to "Whatever Sim decides should happen" at the end of the day.

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  4. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

And needless to say, you should quietly inform a mod about it rather than dispensing vigilante justice....

Arizona Docent likes this.
  5. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

How about those (formerly) regular poster's who seem to be posting less and less as time goes by? @devilfish is one whose regular posts are sorely missed, and I was esctatic the other day when @Maguari did an actual visit report from Twycross Zoo! :p

Maguari and pachyderm pro like this.
  6. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

I've always been here, but most of my recent visits have been to familiar zoos well-covered by news reports, so most of by recent posts are Big Year-related! (I also miss the gallery discussions being easily browsable - they were generally the most interesting!)

7. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I totally agree with this point, in fact it's probably the gallery (and the photos from ZooHistorica 2011 in particular!) which got me talking to you in the first place! ;) :p

Maguari likes this.
  8. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Don't worry! It is natural that people get new jobs, new obligations and can no longer be active in a hobby. Probably some people will come back when they have some more breathing space in life.

9. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

He's still busy, just not posting. Maybe he's used up his lifetime supply of exclamation marks.:D

10. Charlie Simmomds

Charlie Simmomds Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Two newer members who use to be very prolific when they joined last year @Water Dragon and @Komodo99 have also seemed to have gone, I’ve seen either one comment on a thread for a long time, I wonder what may have happened to them?

Fallax and animal_expert01 like this.
  11. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I was wondering about those two as well. They knew each other quite well I recall and left about the same time. I remember they both worked with animals.

12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Don't just assume that because someone hasn't posted recently that they have "left". For example, one of the members mentioned has recently been online even if they haven't posted in several months.

You should check a user's profile because it generally indicates the last time they logged on (unless they have chosen not to make this information visible to other members).

Some people still lurk even if they don't post.

13. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

A few more worth mentioning...

beccasunbear/agnmeln - after joining at the end of last year, she changed her name rather abruptly and went MIA short after and has not been online in nearly 3 months.
    GraysonDP - last contributed over a year ago and has not been online since October. Though he is alive and well, and has switched his attention over to his blog Zoophoria, and now interviews zoo directors and curators.
    reduakari - while not completely gone, he has only posted four times within the past year. Made some very thought provoking and often humorous remarks.
    mstickmanp - frequently updating Los Angeles zoo news, but has been missing since January. Though he is also alive and certainly well.

Though to end on a positive note, Nisha is still around. Often posting a smaller births or other events at zoos in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Jul 2018
    Cat-Man, TZDugong and sooty mangabey like this.
  14. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Two southern California regulars who disappeared:
    BlackDuiker (Los Angeles Zoo)
    Washaw (San Diego Zoo)

15. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

@Blackduiker has posted recently, concerning his hometown zoo in LA.

16. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

@vogelcommando abruptly disappeared a while ago, which is uncharacteristic. If anyone knows him personally... hope he is well.

17. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

I join to the asking for somebody that knowns him personally, please give us news of him. He disappeared in the middle of a private conversation that I had with him about possible hosting/guiding in my planned Netherland zootour. Last reply was that he was busy with the renovation of his house, nothing bad but very time-consuming. But that was about a month ago... I don't think that house renovation make him disappear completely from forum during so long time. I wonder if he just ended without internet line in his new home...? Who knows...?

18. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

beccasunbear/agmeln
    She has also disappeared from instagram, I cant find her account. She was my first friend, and it is a big loss.

19. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Vogelcommando is a sore loss for sure, I hope he returns as I built a lot of respect for him with how often he would update the scientifc threads with really useful information.

Mr Wrinkly, Benosaurus and Pertinax like this.
  20. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

Possibly worth pointing out at this juncture that @zoogiraffe has also returned, albeit somewhat tentatively – still making the site a much richer place with his presence.

TeaLovingDave, Brum, Fallax and 2 others like this.