Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2020: The Vote

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 15 Dec 2020.

?

Which Thread Was the Zoochat Thread of the Year?

Poll closed 30 Dec 2020.
  1. Where do the Deer & Antelope Play?: A Look at America's Ungulate Populations - ThylacineAlive

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Mesozoic Zoo 2 -Zoofan15

18 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Remembering Bristol Zoo Gardens - ThomasNotTom

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Aardvark250 Ranking His Zoos Visited - Aardvark250

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Into the Unknown: Zoos of Western France - Lintworm

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Bumping this up for anyone that hasn't voted yet.

MizzB likes this.
  2. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I must say that I am slightly disappointed that a thread named for a Disney's Frozen 2 song was voted thread of the year. I guess that is only possible in 2020, as there should have been a lot more interesting threads around, notably from @CGSwans . Anyway, thanks for voting for me and all the best in 2021.

3. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Congratulations @lintworm on thread of the year, and congratulations on being the first person to win the competition twice. Interestingly, three out of the four winners thus far have been travel threads. I can assume that has to do with the wide range of appeal for threads like that, and the hard work it takes to gather all of the information and pictures needed. I will be curious to see what this next year brings in new threads. Thanks for voting everyone!

4. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for Mesozoic Zoo 2. It was a an honour to be voted the second best thread on ZooChat; and for the third year running, be voted the best fantasy thread on ZooChat (albeit by virtue of being the only fantasy thread that was nominated as a finalist each year).

I had a read through the competition this year; and was highly impressed by Remembering Bristol Zoo Gardens by @ThomasNotTom and Aardvark250 Ranking His Zoos Visited by @aardvark250. The former was a really clever idea for a thread, and something I hadn’t seen before on ZooChat; and the latter a highly compelling read that inspired me want to want to visit these zoos myself - enhanced by high quality photos.

While @ThylacineAlive isn’t here to read this, he surely deserves praise for a thread that will be a valuable resource for years to come. As the author of a similar thread for felids in Australasia; and a regular participant in two others - for Great Apes and elephants - I can see why so many nominated this thread.

SpinyLiving, Tafin, Zorro and 4 others like this.
  5. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I appreciate the kind words, thank you :)

Zorro, Rajang21 and Zoofan15 like this.
  6. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Did you overlook someone?

amur leopard likes this.