Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2022: The Vote

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 15 Dec 2022.

?

Nominees for ZooChat Thread of the Year 2022

Poll closed 1 Jan 2023.
  1. A Guidebook Library: TLD's year-long randomised walkthrough of zoo guides - TeaLovingDave

12.7%
  2. America's 50 Must-See Zoos - pachyderm pro

21.1%
  3. Europe's 100 Must-See Exhibits - lintworm

49.3%
  4. Snowleopard’s 2022 Road Trip: Denmark, Sweden & Norway - snowleopard

12.7%
  5. Where to See Captive Animals in the US - TinoPup

4.2%
  1. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am honored to have won, especially in a year with a large number of high quality threads, that in any other year could have potentially won. To then have won by the largest margin of all six thread of the year competitions feels like a feat. In terms of participation and number of views it was already clear to me that the must see exhibit thread has been very well received and that is the real "win". I never write something for the likes, I write to share my views or experiences and hopefully start a discussion with that. I still want to give a large thank you for everyone voting this year for me and the other threads.

It is the win that I care least about, but this thread is a nice way to highlight some of the best content that was created last year. Let's celebrate that so many people invest a lot of time and energy to create something meaningful and make zoochat a more interesting place. A shoutout to @pachyderm pro for the second place with a worthy successor to the thread that started it all. The most work of all was however done by @TeaLovingDave , to invest so much time throughout the whole year in an interesting, but not quite mainstream, project is something else. I am glad you did not stick to the original one guide per day approach, as it would have been a recipe for halting the thread within months. With the used approach we had something to enjoy the whole year. Also a nod to @snowleopard for yet another installment of a zoochat staple bringing the more unknown facilities to the foreground. Another gargantuan task was taken up by @TinoPup to catalogue anything zoo in a huge country. I am sure that thread will serve as a valuable starting point for many a trip.

I am sure there will be enough to look out for the coming year, but if history is worth something, it won't come out of my hands. With 1st places in 2018, 2020 and 2022, 2024 should be the year to look out for, though I have no idea for what...