Join our zoo community

Tier-Freigelände Neuschönau

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Stefka, 17 Nov 2011.

1. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I couldn´t find any threads about Tier-Freigelände in Neuschönau. Does it have a different name here? Is there anybody who likes to go there?

I´ve been to Neuschönau only once, but I fell in love with the place. The enclosures were so huge and natural, it was a great walk.

Anyway, I´m just curious if somebody here knows more about the place and will share something with us.

Thanx, Stefka

2. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

I would also be interested to know more about it. I noticed it is part of the national park, is it a reserve or a wildpark style place?

3. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

I don´t really know how to qualify this... It basicaly a forest, filled with huge enclosures for animals, mostly animals native to the area, some of them now extinct in National Park. It´s like walking in the forest, the enclosures are not next to each other, you have to walk a lot. And they are really huge. And there are few aviaries as well. I didn´t have enough time when I was there, I didn´t expect that it´s gonna be that big. I was getting dark so I didn´t even get to the bear enclosure.
    But I have seen the wolf pack, but binoculars are essential. They were amazing, almost wild, really.
    I´ve also spent lots of time around the lynx and beaver enclosures, but with no luck. I think good timing is important, best way would probably be to get up early in the morning, bring a seat and some snack and wait... I´m hoping to go there next year again, better prepared.
    And I hope someone here could give us some more tips and information about this amazing place.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2011
  4. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

Last edited: 17 Nov 2011