Join our zoo community

Zion Wildlife Gardens Tiger Killed

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Cheetah fan, 15 Oct 2010.

1. AskAlice

AskAlice Well-Known Member

So it's a crime to defend a place I happen to care about a lot?

If I refuted every criticism made then I would have rather long replies.

I think the term is 'Freedom of Speech' and no-one directed me to use anything other than my own words.

Nice try :D

2. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

Your own words are very similar to the words of the official spokeperson, you know, the lady you suggested I get in touch with.

So what is your connection with Zion, are you in fact a spokesperson in real life, or are you just an interested visitor who's comments can be discounted as merely your own opinion, and in no way gauranteed factual or true?

Can you admit to being one or the other, because while free speech is one thing, posting the policies and opinions of others isn't quite the same.

So you say you are not Meagan or Pat, that leaves Sara or Bridget,
    and if you are not those two either then I can't actually put any substance in anything you have posted, whether its a refution or not. You can't even remember what I said for the most part to refute it.

So what is it, official spokeperson, or keen visitor who thinks she knows it all?

3. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

Funny you say that, he says much the same about most of the posters on here, with good reason to form what I have seen.

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

these are the Lion Man / Zion threads: Zion Wildlife Gardens Forums

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What? That they are much smarter than him????? LOL

6. Chlidonias

Tim Husband says that most of the posters on Zoochat are smarter than he is? How magnanimous of him to be so honest about that!

7. Chlidonias

ah you just beat me to it Steve! :D

8. AskAlice

Kiwipo I am just going to leave you guessing. You stated quite clearly that you have a problem with 'the current management' so I guess you want Mr Busch back? I wonder how many more animals will end up being declawed. 23 at the park at the moment. Check it out if you like but you will find the figures stack up there. Want an argument go to a parliamentary debating chamber this is a just a thread. :D

9. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

I have no problem atall with the currant management, I think they dont know what they are doing, and are stupid for refusing to listen to advice or accept help other than that which comes with no strings attached. But thats their problem, no longer my affair.

I dont like seeing someone posting comments in such a way as to appear to be official statements from the park, yet refuses to admit what if any connection they have, if you can't admit to being officially connected with the park then don't post what appear to be facts about that park from official sources. or at least name the sources.

as for Craig comming back, no, I wouldnt like to see that, but even if he did he could no longer declaw cats. Don't forget he wasn't alone in declawing cats, it was an MAF approved vet who carried out the operation many times.

I doubt Craig would ocme back now even if he could, the means of making the most money out of Zion has now been stopped, and has resulted a huge drop in income. You dont have to be connected with the park in any way in order to work that out.

As fro any breeding program, well neither the cheetah nor the serval will breed under those conditions, and there stated conservation program (yes, depsite what you say they do state they have on on their web site still) is a sham, the best thing they could do is to let their collection live out their lives in relative comfort, and not enlarge it.

Either that or kick the present managers as far down the road as they can and get some people in there who know what they are doing.

10. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

11. Chlidonias

it wasn't my interpretation, it was what you actually wrote! I do know what you meant to write but my reply was (I thought, obviously) intended in a light-hearted way. I could well take offense by your implication in the above quote that Tim Husband is smarter than me! (Lol ;))

As for who you are (or were? I'm not sure of what distinction you are trying to make there), I will refrain from posting that until I am 100% positive on it. I have no wish to claim you to be someone you are not. I know who I believe you to be based on what you write - and you do imply yourself in the above quote that you are more than just an interested zoo-goer with limited zoo visiting experience as you have earlier stated - but obviously I cannot be certain just yet. When I am I shall post the information now that you have explicitly given your permission (thanks).

:)

12. AskAlice

My reply to Kiwipo is okay fine we'll leave it there. It's all about an argument from the way it's going. Pointless continuing!:eek:

13. Chlidonias

indeed, the last three-and-a-half pages of this four page thread haven't even really been about the original topic. I too shall leave it be.

14. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well, I'm still intrigued!

You were very insistent on getting AskAlice to identify him/herself because of a perceived link to Park management when stating facts about the animals there.

However, you yourself have made many claims, as factual, about the Park's animals. You appear to have, or have had, a vested interest in the operation of the Park. References to advice with "no strings attached" and "no longer my affair" plus a call to "kick the present managers as far down the road as they can" indicate that you should perhaps identify yourself as well.

By the way, I have never seen the Park and am not connected to either side - just becoming more and more intrigued by this whole saga. So, how about it kiwipo?

15. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

No problem at all, Im quite happy for both Chidonois and Alice to identify me since they imply they know who I am. :D

16. kiwipo

kiwipo Well-Known Member

If you aren't sure then its not a good idea to imply that you know, I don't think you have the slightest clue honestly, and were just implying you did for some reason. Your post above does support that theory.
    In fact it just makes you look silly.

17. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Are you reading your own posts. I was, like Steve, just following this thread with intrigue. Now, you are coming accross as "silly" one. Don't expect askalice to identify herself unless you are willing to do the same.

18. AskAlice

I'd like to know where I've asked who Kiwipo is?
    And I won't be asking - it's clear which path Kiwipo is taking - don't bother:p

Last edited: 15 Mar 2011
  19. Chlidonias

Jarkari was referring to Steve's post (#54)

20. AskAlice

Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't referring to Jarkari's post as in the 'don't bother' part it was directed at Kiwipo.

Jarkari thanks too!:)