Join our zoo community

Tim's Zoo concept arts

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by PicanBird, 20 Jan 2018.

1. PicanBird

PicanBird Well-Known Member

I am going to focus a bit more on general concepts of seperate enclosures or complete areas.
    As I want to try out creating art that zoo's COULD use as reference for new projects/enclosures

nicholas and Canihelpyou? like this.
  2. PicanBird

Been a while since I posted here, today I finished an art piece that I think could be quite interesting in Burgers' Zoo's Rimba.
    Between the watermonitors and the pythons is an open area. I was thinking, what if this space was used to present some smaller animals and maybe educate people about deforestation or the importance of certain creatures. But it would hold like 3 terraria, and maybe a few of the taxidermied the zoo already has for educational stands. I think that would make that space so much more interesting!

The idea is that the picture is drawn (poor 3d dimentions) as if the visitor just turned away from the monitors and is on its way to the pythons.

THOUGHTS?

BZRimbaExpo.png

3. Mr Gharial

Mr Gharial Well-Known Member

I'm screaming here! We think alike, it seems. May I refer you to my thread, Burgers Zoo Project?

Burger's zoo project

4. PicanBird

The concept is very outdated as a lot of staff buildings woud've been destroyed. I also did not think through the fact that the feedingkitchen would have to double in size to keep up the idea I had here. You may refer to it but under the condition of mentioning that there was no concideration to staff buildings (which I regret)

5. PicanBird

Next drawing Project is Burgers' Safari 2.0. The size of the space will stay the same, and mostly the content will focus on the empty space around at the Safari right now. I will not redo the carnivore enclosures as in my opinion they are spacious (just lacking some african feel, but im gonna ignore that). The concepts that I will be adding here are thought through with member Ursus for a more critical perspective and making sure it is realistic and fitting to the East African concept shown at the safari

6. Mr Gharial

No worries, I also ignored a lot of stuff in my first drafts (At first, the Australian hall went right over the Open Air museum)

Exactly what I thought!

I'd actually love it if you could maybe read through my own designs. They are a bit unrealistic, but I would love to maybe have an insider take a look

Last edited: 22 Apr 2021
  7. 1Squirrel monkey

1Squirrel monkey Well-Known Member

Hi, I understand you are working for the park? May I ask your role? Also, can you maybe draw all buildings and seperation enclosures behind the scenes on the map? This will help me a lot with making my idea. This way I could make expansions on actually empty parts of the Zoo.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2021
  8. Mr Gharial

Apparently Burgers zoo is a popular zoo to redesign

9. 1Squirrel monkey

1Squirrel monkey Well-Known Member

I’m the same guy you talked to yesterday;)

10. Mr Gharial

I know, I just think it's funny that there's three of us