Join our zoo community

Toledo Zoo Toledo Zoo & Aquarium News 2019

Discussion in 'United States' started by TigerValley98, 14 Jan 2019.

1. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

There were none there in June.

2. Gondwana

Gondwana Well-Known Member

Sorry, no pictures but I'm pretty confident it was an Anna's. A Google search shows that one of their recent annual reports listed Anna's hummingbird as a new acquisition as well.

I was there in June and the terraria were present and occupied. They would have been easy to miss. Checking on Youtube, a few of them can be seen in the following video:

At 3:04, the stump in the bottom middle part of the image is a terrarium. The little hole in the top of the stump is the viewing window. There is another terrarium under the stick next to that stump, and the stick has to be moved to see it. At 3:38, the log that you can see in between the two people is another terrarium. The cracks in the log are the viewing windows. There are several others on the opposite side of the pathway that can't be seen in the video but are similarly tiny and hidden.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Wow! I saw those but didn't there was anything in them!

4. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Amur Tiger "Titan", a 3.5 year old male from John Ball, is on display. They hope to breed him with Talya.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  5. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Interesting snippet: 600 sturgeon released locally with a touch tank for the 3-6 year old sturgeon on display at th NHM and bigger ones at the Aquarium! I assume the releases locally in Ohio will become a regular feature in future!

Gondwana and StoppableSan like this.