Join our zoo community

Ultimate Zoo in Animal Planet

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by mstickmanp, 16 Jul 2008.

1. mstickmanp

mstickmanp Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember the tv show "Ultimate Zoo" that aired in 2005 in Animal Planet? Back when it aired I wanted to record it, but I did not have a dvd recorder or a vhs recorder at the time, so I thought like many original tv series that it would air again but it never did so I was mad. I heard that a new series was being filmed, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if it's coming back?

2. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Would be very interested to hear more. Can't see it on Animal Planet web site.

Stuart R Webster

3. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Animal Planet website seems to be the worst website I have ever visited, it hasn't even got listed the new gibbon program starting next monday on its listing!

4. ZooMania

ZooMania Well-Known Member

What was the programme about??

5. mstickmanp

Well, the program would show in every episode three world-class exhibits from zoos across the world. It was really cool because they would show everything since the start of construction of the exhibit, to bringing the animals to the new exhibit, and the animals on exhibit.

6. zooman

Very suprised that it was not listed. As there seemed to be many other special interest DVD'S available. Or are we zoo groupies just not large enough in numbers to care about for ongoing sales???

Yes the site was really bad. Cant imagine why??? When my 14 year old cousin has a amazing web site that he built mimself!!

Stuart R Webster

7. Jaguar

Jaguar Member

This was a great show, they showed many zoo exhibits from around the globe, among my favorites:

Henry Dorley Zoo - Desert Dome and Nocturnal Exhibit under the dome itself
    Zoo Zurich - Spectacled bears and ring tailed coati
    Minnesota Zoo - Siberian tiger exhibit

Then my favorite I ever saw on that show was the gorilla and African rainforest at the Bronx Zoo. Maybe the best exhibit I've ever seen in my life.

8. zooman

Hi Jaguar, It is a amazing exhibit the Bronx Congo. Big money!! It was not operating when l was last there. The auditorium wher you sit and watch a film on gorillas then the screen raises and there they are!! Very smooth...

okay really pissed that this show has not come to Australia!! Or did it and l missed it???

So does anyone in Australia have a copy of this series?

Stuart R Webster

9. mstickmanp

when the series finished I heard many things like:

Animal Planet was planning on filming another series.

and....

It wasn't as popular so they just stopped with the series.

10. PAT

PAT Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I don't remember seeing it so maybe it wasn't aired in Australia.

11. dragon(ele)nerd

dragon(ele)nerd Well-Known Member

If it ever does I'd absoultly want to watch this. Exhibits Like how my Uncle said, should not only renact the wild but we should spoil them for they have gone through enough grief to deserve it,

12. Vulpes

Vulpes Well-Known Member

interesting! I did see a program on Natgeo years and years ago called congo in the bronx! It was only repeated once about two years after i first saw it and I managed to tape it. Id love to see that zoo exhibit one on animal planet one though sounds greats

13. djaeon

djaeon Well-Known Member

I agree, that was a really cool series. I'd buy it if it ever came out on DVD. My favorite was the Desert Dome also. I'd like to see it in person some day.

14. sitatunga

sitatunga Active Member

Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States
    I sooooooooo wanted to see this show. I don't have cable but one time I got see part of the Zoo Zurich episodeon thier cloud forest.It was cool. I have been waiting for a dvd of the show. But nobody cares about us zoo "freaks". It makes me mad sometimes that all Animal planet really shows most of the time are popular wild animals or pets.

Anyone else feel this way.

15. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

About congo in the bronx, I have it on DVD - all i know is that you can buy it from the gift shop at edinburgh zoo (or could in august). Very interesting and shows several stages of the exhibit's development.

Ultimate Zoo sounds great, seems like it showed some great exhibits.

16. PAT

PAT Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I'm so sick of Animal Planet showing those animal police shows. Detroit, Miami amd now South Africa are on non-stop. Give me a break.

17. Bongo

Bongo Well-Known Member 15+ year member

''About congo in the bronx, I have it on DVD - all i know is that you can buy it from the gift shop at edinburgh zoo (or could in august). Very interesting and shows several stages of the exhibit's development.''

What is the name of the DVD that you brought at Edinburgh Zoo?

18. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Congo in the Bronx! It is from a series called "Animal Nation" and is green with two gorillas on the front. Hope you find it as i really enjoyed it.

19. Miniaturezoo954

Miniaturezoo954 Well-Known Member

20. kbaker116

kbaker116 Well-Known Member

Could anybody send me a copy of the dvd? I have been trying to find it on the internet but can't find it for sale anywhere! Thanks!