Join our zoo community

Ultimate Zoo in Animal Planet

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by mstickmanp, 16 Jul 2008.

1. mstickmanp

mstickmanp Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has the dvd, as it was never released.

2. kbaker116

kbaker116 Well-Known Member

Others in this thread said they got one dvd from some gift shops. So I was just wondering if they could get me a copy.

3. mstickmanp

mstickmanp Well-Known Member

They said they bought a dvd about Congo Gorilla Reserve, not the actual Ultimate Zoo show.

4. tigerboy618

tigerboy618 Member

yeah i used to watsh it when i was like 8 i was so in to the zoos i could tell u every episode in fact my favorite was the bronx zoo tiger mountain and this show made me get zoo tycoon 2 maybe we should all complain about it to animal planet and maybe thely bring it back

5. European Fauna

European Fauna Well-Known Member

If each of you would write a letter to the relevant t.v. channels , you may be pleasantly surprised.Sometimes these channels do actually pay attention and react when they receive positive letters.Remember, mostly they just receive complaints , so when they hear something nice , they sometimes react.And do make it a letter, not an e-mail, as it will be taken much more seriously.

6. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, only one show/film was made showing the development , construction and opening of Congo Gorilla Forest. I believe it has been shown on several stations under different names.

Here is an excerpt:
    [ame]http://www.thereallyinterestingpicturecompany.com/images/21st_century_zoo_toWMV.wmv[/ame]

Here in the US, it used to be shown on The Discovery Channel every few months, but I haven't seen it for years

7. iluvwhales

iluvwhales Well-Known Member 10+ year member

some ultimate zoo clips have been uploaded on youtube, however, the quality isn't very good & the volume is low

8. dinosaur50

dinosaur50 Well-Known Member

amm019 they have ultimate zoo clips

9. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Here in British Columbia, Canada, the entire 13-episode Ultimate Zoo series is now available for free via Shaw on Demand. I have already watched a couple of episodes, with a focus on the Congo Gorilla Forest development at Bronx Zoo, the Andean bear/coati habitat at Zurich Zoo and a highly detailed overview of the chimpanzee exhibit at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo.

10. Youssarian

Youssarian Well-Known Member

Wish I was Canadian! :p

11. Orion Pachs

Orion Pachs New Member

Does Shaw on Demand allow for the episodes to be downloaded? Are there any other websites that might have a complete/higher quality version of the Ultimate Zoo series?

12. TZDugong

TZDugong Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Here in Barrie I can watch it on demand for free using Rogers on Demand. The problem is that they only have around 8 or 9 episodes that you can watch. Ultimate zoo is a amazing TV series and is one of my favourite zoo-related shows.

13. iluvwhales

iluvwhales Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Ultimate Zoo fans rejoice!

According to my research, Ultimate Zoo seems on Discovery Family (I don't know if it's available in other countries than the US) and that channel can be added on as part of an "entertainment add-on" for an additional US$7.99 a month as part of a Hulu/live TV subscription (US$64.99 with ads or US$70.99 without ads) I just got a Hulu/live tv subscription and got that entertainment add-on just so I can watch Ultimate Zoo. It's season 1, 13 episodes.

TheMightyOrca likes this.
  14. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I can't wait until someone rips it from a DVD to YouTube!

WalkingAgnatha likes this.