Join our zoo community

Uniforms - Safari Style brands?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by drwildlife, 11 Oct 2012.

1. drwildlife

drwildlife New Member

I'm a Biologist at the National Tiger Sanctuary in Branson. We're looking for uniforms which give off an old-school zoo/safari vibe while still looking professional. I know many zoos still purchase uniforms like this but the trouble is...I can't seem to find the companies or brands which specialize in them. Can anyone recommend any companies in the United States or, specifically, Missouri/Arkansas which could design a uniform such as this?

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Here are a couple links just from doing a google search on zoo uniforms. I know nothing about these companies or how good/legitimate they are.

Safari and Zoo Uniforms and Adventure Apparel at Stuart Uniform - Tough Uniforms for the Most Demanding Jobs!

Edwards Garment - Style Ideas/Uniform Trends - Amusement Parks, Museums, Zoos

At my zoo (where I am a docent), we just have a local embroidery company supply them. They have our logo on file (an anteater) with the words Reid Park Zoo underneath. For keeper staff they put them on khaki safari style shirts and for education staff they put them on polo shirts in whatever color staff chooses. For docents it is the same design with the word Docent added under Reid Park Zoo. They put it on either red or white polo shirts (docents choose which) or we can supply our own red or white shirts or jackets and have them embroidered (which is what I do).

Hope this helps. As an aside, I am very interested in your organization. I am a cat fanatic and photographer (and FCF member) and I thought I knew all the big cat places, but this is the first I have heard of yours.