Join our zoo community

Closed Upload Error

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Jordan-Jaguar97, 12 Aug 2014.

1. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

As I was uploading my photos from my Benidorm tour, I noticed that some of my photos weren't actually uploading. The description and title was fine however the photo does not appear. Could a mod/Sim please sort this?

2. Parrotsandrew

Parrotsandrew Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem.

3. FrancoiseLangur

FrancoiseLangur Well-Known Member

I've been facing the same problem too.

4. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

You will have to upload photos one at a time for the time being. The Flash uploader is not working.

5. FrancoiseLangur

I've tried that too, but it still doesn't seem to work. Is it because I have some images in my queue?

Last edited: 15 Aug 2014
  6. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

get rid of the ones in your queue.

Upload photos one at a time.

The blank spaces actually do have invisible photos, but they need to be corrected manually by the photo admin persons (don't ask me for a more technical explanation :p)

Most of the photo error uploads appear to stem from trying to upload several photos at once, rather than singly. It is a problem with the uploader, not your own personal computer or photos.

7. FrancoiseLangur

Can someone tell me how to get the uploaded photos out of my queue?

8. Chlidonias

when you click on the highlighted number (for how many photos you have in your queue) does nothing come up next to the list of photos about "not upload" or "remove from the queue" or something along those lines? I can't check it myself because I have nothing in my queue of course.

9. FrancoiseLangur

I've tried again, but nothing like that appears after I click on the highlighted number. You can choose whether or not to add the photo (to the gallery), but it looks like you can't remove photos from your queue yourself. I have noticed that sometimes the number decreases and some photos disappear from the queue, does this mean the photos are kept in the queue for only a limited time?

10. Chlidonias

I *think* they stay there until uploaded, however long that is. Just go ahead and upload them then I guess, and they can be deleted by one of us if they are duplicates.

You may get upload error messages after each attempt until they are all gone.

11. Parrotsandrew

I too have been trying to upload one photo at a time (I have been doing that since the problems started earlier in the year), but it has not been working for the last couple of days (other than with one photo).

12. FrancoiseLangur

I can now find my photos in the gallery; many thanks for your help!

By the way, I have found out that images in your queue stay there for one full day - the photos I uploaded about the same time yesterday are not there anymore.

13. Parrotsandrew

I've just looked at the Sewerby UK gallery and mine are there too - thank-you. Unfortunately because I kept trying to upload the same photo it is now duplicated several times, but only the first one has the text. Sorry about that.

14. zootiger

zootiger Well-Known Member

Having a problem where if i upload a number of photos, when I press processes it goes to a white screen then when i click back onto the gallery only 1 photo is there with a question mark for a thumbnail and all the text on the page runs off the sides (jerez zoo gallery)? I can't clear my queue and I've tried to only add one photo at a time but am still having the problem!

15. Parrotsandrew

All well now - thank-you.