Join our zoo community

Closed Uploaded Photos

Discussion in 'ZooChat Website Help & Feedback' started by LaughingDove, 9 Sep 2014.

1. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

I just have a question about what happens to uploaded photos, it may have already been asked and answered bjt if it has I couldn't find it. I was wondering what happens when a photo is uploaded in terms of who owns it. Does zoochat then own it, is it public for anyone to take or do is still own it? I mean this in terms of copyright like if a photo is uploaded to Facebook they own it and can then sell it to advertisers or do what they like with it. I know someone who had a photo they posted on facebook used in a commercial advert. Is something similar true with zoochat? I would like to know because I have recently uploaded my first photos and I don't want to put on my 'best stuff'.

2. callorhinus

callorhinus Well-Known Member

I hope this is what you want to find:
    "Terms of Use and Site Rules
    Content and intellectual property
    4. By posting any content to this site you irrevocably licence Hampel Group to reproduce, edit or distribute that content in any form in any location worldwide, and you waive any moral rights you have in that content. This licence is non-exclusive so you can continue to use your own material in any way including allowing others to use it.
    5. Hampel Group will only agree to requests to remove user submitted content in its absolute discretion.
    6. Hampel Group may alter or discontinue any feature of this site and its content in its absolute discretion.
    7. Otherwise, except where such use constitutes fair dealing under intellectual property law, you must not use, copy, reproduce, publish, store, alter or transmit any part of the content. All rights not expressly granted to you under these terms and conditions or automatically conferred by law are reserved by Hampel Group."

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member

this thread will explain it better: http://www.zoochat.com/173/where-do-your-zoochat-photos-end-312005/

Specifically post # 14:

In other words: the photos remain entirely your property, but by uploading them to Zoochat you allow them to be used in other ways in connection to the Zoochat site. They cannot be taken and used for any other unrelated purpose.

4. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

Thanks this explains it really well.