Join our zoo community

Verreaux Sifakas in Europe?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Tintedmoon, 24 Jun 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tintedmoon

Tintedmoon New Member

I know there is a topic similar to this one, but since reviving older topics is wrong, I thought I ask here since I have no idea who else could I ask.

My aunt called me in the other day and asked me to suggest locations for our holiday in autumn. She also told me to choose one what's in Europe and not farther since we can't really afford It.
    I always wanted to see Verreaux Sifakas, but where I came from the rarest breed we have is the Black and White ruffed lemur and even that's in the other side of the country. I want to know that other than Mulhouse is there any other Zoo in Europe where I can see these this beautiful creatures. Thanks for the answers.

2. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

According to Zootierliste, no Verreaux sifakas are currently kept in European zoos. As for crowned sifakas:
    ZootierlisteHomepage

3. Tintedmoon

Tintedmoon New Member

Oh, I see. Thank you! :)

4. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

You're welcome.

Not necessarily.

As for a good zoo-related location in autumn, I'd recommend Vienna or Prague. Both sport excellent zoos and are not too far away from Budapest.

5. jwer

jwer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Usually, there are cheap tickets to Eindhoven available with Wizz Air. From there, anywhere in NL is easy to reach. I'd recommend somewhere near Arnhem, and do at least Burgers and Apenheul (to catch the Sifaka) ;)

6. Tintedmoon

Tintedmoon New Member

I see. I'll try to convince them. I hope I'll succeed.