Join our zoo community

Closed Video-Section?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Animal, 28 Aug 2011.

1. Animal

Animal Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hey guys,

after more and more photo-cameras have now very good video-features, wouldn't it be good to have also a video gallery, in line to the photogallerie? What do you think, and sim, is it technicly makeble?

2. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'll leave the mighty Sim to rule on this but I would have thought memory requirements would be a major issue, especially as some members really can't self-edit. I can imagine problems when people upload a number of 10 minute videos dear to their hearts which most people might find stupifying.

In my opinion, in the same way a picture is often worth a thousand words, I would take a thousand photographs over most videos. i.e. I don't want umpteen videos of the same cute animal doing similar things in slightly different enclosures -I'm not saying certain videos wouldn't be very interesting to me, just that I doubt "quality control" could be easily applied (too time consuming?).

3. Animal

Animal Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Maybe there could be just limits set, like 'max 3 minutes' or 'not over 5 mb'.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

This is definitely something I plan on adding - but there will need to be some strict limits on length of video and such.

5. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Shorts and Animal,

I would think that what would really assist the zoochat community and enable Sim to provide the required resources to have a video feature, is if more members would become financial supporters of the site.