Join our zoo community

View Master slides

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kingoffreaks, 30 Mar 2021.

1. kingoffreaks

kingoffreaks Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Since covid I haven't been top thrift stores as much do I've bought a couple items on ebay to fulfill my treasure hunting urge.
    Suffice to say I've picked up some old view master slides from African Lion Safari and Marineland and Game Farm.
    Wish I could share pics but not really feasible.
    Anyway interesting things I noticed were African Lion Safari used to have seal lions that swan in the there mini lake and would hop up on the front of the boat, only one slide for reference.
    The slide I found most interesting for Marineland was that apparently they used to have an elephant seals.
    During the period that the images were captured it seems they were playing host to a circus. There's a slide of elephants in there main theatre where the Orca show would be.
    Also some definite examples what we want to me away from, a tiger jumping through a hoop of fire, and a bear balancing on a ball.
    There are also Toronto Zoo View Master slides but at a higher price then I want to pay.
    However I happen to own a dozen or so slides that my grade school was getting rid a little under twenty years ago.
    They include
    A Lion Tailed Macaque opening it's mouth wide
    A Tapir in the gibbon exhibit
    Two of Orangutans I can't identify one is a big male I would say Moloch but he didn't like climbing n and this one is hanging off a bar
    A gorilla I can't identify eating squash
    The old colecanth model
    What appears to be an albino catfish
    An Electric Eel
    A Gar
    A school of goldfish
    An Aldabra possibility Rasputin
    A Crowned Crane
    A picture of Lloyd the vulture
    A Gila Monster
    A Cormorant I believe in the Australasia pavilion
    A Greater Argus Pheasant
    A Renauld's Ground Cuckoo

TinoPup and Arizona Docent like this.
  2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I have fond memories of ViewMasters as a child. Not fond enough to make me want to buy them now, but fond nonetheless.