Join our zoo community

Virunga

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Buldeo, 30 Oct 2014.

1. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

Netflix has been quietly building up an impressive library of documentaries over the past couple of years, and they've taken a big leap into nature docs by picking up the exclusive rights to Grain Media's Virunga. It hits the streaming service on 7 November 2014.

Trailer can be seen here.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2014
  2. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

This is now available on Netflix's streaming service if you were so inclined to check it out.

[​IMG]

Full article here.

Full article here.

3. Panthera1981

Panthera1981 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Have just watched it. An excellent film.

I wish nothing more than a slow, painful death on anyone affiliated with SOCO. May the company burn in hell.

4. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Great movie. Along with Mission Blue, I am LOVING this trend of Netflix producing nature documentaries. (with Animal Planet, Discovery, and other "educational" networks going down the toilet, it's just harder to find good new nature docs these days) I badly hope they put out more.

5. Panthera1981

Panthera1981 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Have finally got round to watching Mission Blue. Agree, another excellent documentary!

I'm amazed that Sylvia Earle managed to keep her cool when being interviewed by that talk show host-what an ignorant clown! :mad: Although I think I saw her grit her teeth when he mentioned Shark Week!;)

6. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It was so great. The part about the whale sharks going missing made me sad. But I went nuts (in a good way) at that deep sea exploration bit, where they go down and it seems dark and empty, until they turn out their own light and everything lights up around them. I think I truly understand how that one guy felt when he saw that double rainbow.