Join our zoo community

Chester Zoo Walk and Talk with the Curator of Mammals on the 11/10/2014

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by zoogiraffe, 13 Sep 2014.

1. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

I still have the same number of places available,as my previous post on this thread,given the number of people that said they were interested,this should have been full by now!!

2. ChesterZooFan

ChesterZooFan Well-Known Member

It will still go ahead won't it even if places left?

3. zoogiraffe

Yes it will still go ahead,but if all the places aren't filled I will be thinking twice before doing another!!

4. bluetoffeezoo

bluetoffeezoo Well-Known Member

it's obviously just a bad date for people this time around, yes there was lots of interest but not everyone is free on a Saturday, which I why I cannot come I work Saturdays most of the time and also have another engagement on this date.

5. SHAVINGTONZOO

SHAVINGTONZOO Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I can't do mornings. Afternoon would be a different matter.

6. zoogiraffe

They have never been just a morning or afternoon,they have always been a full day,walking and talking about the whole of Chester's Mammal collection!

7. zoogiraffe

Thanks to a couple of drop outs,I still have over double figures in places still not filled.I will keep taking places till midnight UK time of the wednesday before the event!!After this time if the places are not filled thats it you have had your chances,to have a place on this walk and talk!

8. zoogiraffe

Right thats it no more places will be taken!

9. karoocheetah

karoocheetah Well-Known Member

would you be kind enough to just remind me of the meeting arrangements please? 10am or 10.30am at what location?
    many thanks :O)

10. ChesterZooFan

ChesterZooFan Well-Known Member

Details at the start of this very thread :)

11. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

Great day at Chester for the walk and talk with Tim Rowlands. Thank you zoo giraffe for organising and thanks to Tim for giving up his valuable time to talk to us. I really enjoyed the afternoon chat, it's good to have an open debate with someone who really knows his stuff and can debate without giving and (hopfully - sorry if I did xx) taking offence at my opinions :) Lots of good laughs too. :D

12. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Indeed, thank you to Tim for sparing his time to answer all our questions - and being such a good sport - and to ZG for the organisation!

13. Maisie

Maisie Well-Known Member

Another thoroughly enjoyable day :) A fair bit more talking than walking, but it was great to have the opportunity for candid (and very funny in places!) discussion and debate. Thanks to Tim for giving up his time and David for organising.

14. karoocheetah

karoocheetah Well-Known Member

Walk & Talk Oct 2014 Thanks :O)

I'd like to just echo the comments above - many thanks to Tim for taking the time from his busy schedule to engage with us lovely zoo nerds :) and for ZG for his time and effort in liasing and organising.

Was nice to finally meet TLD after numerous forum discussions as well as catching up with many familiar faces.

Having a knackered knee I particularly enjoyed the afternoon discussion which as the previous posters have said was candid, honest, open and entertaining.

I did for some reason leave with the vivid mental image of a Mowed Dik-Dik but I'm sure with therapy I will recover!

Thanks Again

oh yes did I mention how brilliant Clouded Leopards are at any point? :D

15. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Thanks from me too. Enjoyable and informative as always!

16. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

We have, in fact, met before :p but nice to see you nonetheless - always good to learn there is someone whose clouded leopard obsession makes my interest in small carnivores seem like indifference!

I'd like to echo the thanks given already to zoogiraffe for organising the event, and to Tim for kindly giving up his valuable time to give us a little insight into things :) I had a very enjoyable day, as did Helly.

17. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I also would like to thank Tim for his time and willingness to do the event, ZG for the organisation and the zoo for letting it happen. It's great to be able to discuss some thorny issues and always interesting to hear about the different things that affect the running of a zoo.

18. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Thanks to Tim and oogiraffe for another great day. At least this time I wasn't pushed to the front to look at the chimpanzees. :D

I have a vague memory of someone mentioning clouded leopards, but I can't be certain.

Thank you also to the person who remimnded me that I forgot to put Chester on my list of favourite zoos, I'll attend to the matter.

19. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

Clouded? Leopard? Not something I've heard mentioned for many a long year.

20. zoogiraffe

I cannot remember you saying that,but I do remember you saying that you would pay to net over the Sumatran Tiger enclosure,so that it could House Clouded Leopard,and I am sure the zoo will be very happy with the offer:p