Join our zoo community

Want a great book to read??

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Laney, 15 Mar 2005.

1. Laney

Laney Member

Hi there, I am new as of today and wanted to HIGHLY recommend a book (I am just about finished reading).
    Its Three Among the Wolves by Helen Thayer. Its about her and her husband, and their dog Charlie, who spend a year out in the wild with some different wolf packs. You can read more info on what its about by searching for the book on web, but it is so great for anyone that works with wolves or is just interested in wolves. I not only was highly entertained by this true journey, I learned a lot too. ITs so much more interesting to learn about an animal you love through a real story about them!
    Anyone out there read this? Please share if you have!!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

What happened to the dog ? Did it become one of the wolf pack ? Or would that be giving too much away ? :D

3. Laney

Laney Member

they (the people)kept him as part of their own pack the entire time , They let him act as the alpha male. At one point the alpha male of one of the wolf packs actually brought their dog some of their food. They interpreted it, along with other reasons, as if that pack wanted Charlie (dog) to join their pack. Ok, I better stop, in case you want to read the book!