Join our zoo community

want to buy a zoo or wildlifepark

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Zoos Int, 22 Aug 2010.

1. Zoos Int

Zoos Int Well-Known Member

2. nb123

nb123 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

There's a couple going here in the uk if you seriously meant any country. Eg.Borth

3. Zoos Int

Thankyou ,Peter Dickensen sent me a link on that one .You say a couple ,any others .??? What is Borth like ,by way of condition etc .Thanks for your help.

4. nb123

nb123 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have never been to borth myself so am not best to comment, however from what i have seen from the photos on this forum and from what some people have said i would say it needs a fair bit of work. Im not to sure what the situation is at the moment but i remember lakeland wildlife oasis was up for sale not to long ago but not sure whether it is still on the market. Other than that maybe Dartmoor Zoological Park may be looking for investment as the owner has recently said he might have to sell the house to raise funds.

5. Zoos Int

Thank you for your help once again ,if you can point my emails to any persons who are in need of help or investment ,new owner that would be most kind .Thanks again Tony

6. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

Borth is quite run down, and with the money, I think it could be quite good! Although, the park needs to expand, and I am unsure whether the land is available. Dartmoor may be an idea.

I dont believe Lakeland is for sale anymore, seeing as they are currently working on quite a large development at the moment!

EDIT: Although, if you were considering Borth, I would recomend completely starting a new collection. Many of Borths animals are rescues, and if you are serious in conservation, and being a part of the European Breeding Programs etc. you would definatly have to bring in new animals in.

Another point on Borth is that, the price tag is just shy of 1 million pound! Plus the money needed to update the collection etc. you woud probably, like I said, be better of starting a new collection.

7. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Last I heard about Lakeland was direct from the owners mouth was the place was off the market but if anybody came in with a sensible offer they would listen to it.

8. Mal

Mal Member

The Ark Park Project

Hi Tony,

I am trying to establish a project in Romania which may fit your bill.

Basic details can be seen on my website at: Zoolinx Romania - Home

I would welcome your comments.

Regards

Mal

9. Zoos Int

Hi Mal ,
    Im very keen to hear more .What is it you want for me just now and how can i help .I read your web page ,its better if you can tell me in word to cut a story short.I dont want to get the story or need wrong.I will come over if need be to see first hand whats to be done or how we can make this happen .
    skype tony.greenwoods or [email protected]
    Tks Tony