Join our zoo community

Wetlands Wildlife Park wetlands wildlife park closed

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by woody505, 23 May 2017.

1. woody505

woody505 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Cant see any where that its already been mentioned. Was going to visit tomorrow with weather being nice just wanted to check opening hours. There's a message on the site the owner has retired and closed the park at the end of march.

2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

It was mentioned somewhere on the site, sad that it closed but it is not a place that I will miss not been able to visit!

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

there's a previous thread here (discussing the park in general). The last post is mentioning that it would be closing, but almost in passing so it's not surprising that the news was overlooked.
    Wetlands Wildlife Park - What's it like?

4. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

I live an hour's drive from the site and it's right next to a major nature reserve to make a day of it but even so I think I only went three times.

Shame that it's gone though - it was odd and clearly a sideline but there are far worse places out there.

5. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well there are a lot of UK forum members who dream of running a zoo. Is the plot up for sale? Maybe this is your chance! ;)