Join our zoo community

What are the most unqiue animals Georgia Aquarium have?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Jena, 11 Jul 2018.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Hey y'all so I am going to Georgia Aquarium very soon, WHICH I AM SO SIKE I ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT THAT AQUARIUM. And would love to know what are the most unique animals you'll find there.

I know for a fact one of them are the whale sharks. Which I never seen whale sharks before and I always dreamed of seeing whale sharks. They are one of my fav type of sharks, because they are huge, largest fish in the sea. But was curious if there were some other unsual animals that you will find there?

2. Echobeast

Echobeast Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Two words: Manta rays

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Georgia is the only US facility too keep Whale Sharks or Giant Oceanic Manta Rays.

4. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

thanks, whale sharks I knew about and sort of knew about Manta Rays but wasn't sure. Especially cause I asked my family friend if he ever saw Manta Rays he said yes, and I asked him where? And he thought I just meant pictures lmao. So is it just the whale sharks and manta rays that are the unique animals there?

5. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Those are the only ones I know of.

6. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member

7. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I have seen that guide millions of times, lmao I even have the georgia aquarium app. It's not about what animals I will most likely see, but animals that other places don't really have. Or other places do but not many do not have. I do know they have Belguas. Which yes other places have Belguas, but not many aquariums do. (like the aquarium in my state, adventure aquarium doesn't have belguas). Idk I am very hard at explaining my questions sorry for that. Though I am very excited to see the whale sharks as I always dreamed of seeing them. Like I'll give you a example of animals that I could care less that they have, yellow tangs, because every single aquarium I visit have those. But like rare species are more interesting. idk if that makes any sense.