Join our zoo community

What are your favourite zoo games that aren't Zoo Tycoon or Planet Zoo?

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by CrashMegaraptor, 4 Oct 2021.

1. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

I know the Zoo Tycoon series and Planet Zoo are the big zoo simulation games, but I'm curious as to others out there, so....

2. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Since zoo sim games aren't as popular as fps games or rpgs, the game industry is not annualy pumping zoo games to the market unlike other games. Therefore there is very little number of zoo games that are not ZT nor PZ. Most I can think off is Zoo Empire and Wildlife Park which aren't as well made imo.

Matheus Carbonero likes this.
  3. Matheus Carbonero

Matheus Carbonero Active Member

Same here, all my life I have looked for Zoo games but nothing really worth playing other than ZT and PZ.

4. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

1: Zoo2: Animal Park
    2: Zoo Guardians
    3: Township (not a zoo game but you can unlock a zoo at a certain level)
    There are of course many more zoo games but I have limited myself to the ones I play.

5. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Yeah, most of the zoo games I've seen are shovelware or mobile games. And there was a HUGE time gap between ZT2 and Planet Zoo, franchises that are often considered the only good zoo games. It's disappointing that there isn't much demand for zoo games because I think there's some room for variety. I know a lot of people want a game where you can build an animal theme park. (personally, I've always wanted a game where you build a zoo for fantasy creatures! And it could be based on mythology so there's still some educational aspect. And I always thought that a Pokemon zoo game would be a fun spinoff for the franchise)

6. Just an ordinary guy

Just an ordinary guy Well-Known Member

Minecraft(Not meant to be a zoo game but you can build a zoo)

biggest_dreamer likes this.
  7. Birdsage

Birdsage Well-Known Member

It appears that there are no good zoo simulators for Macs.

8. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Zoo Empire/Marine Park Empire has some really interesting features and while I don't consider it superior to the other games I do retain some interest for the occasional nostalgic play. I especially love the ability to save fully made exhibits.

I've played a little of each Wildlife Park game and while WP2 had some great modeling/skin work it did leave for some desire in gameplay, and while Steam has made them easily available they used to be quite hard to find in stores.

Both games tried to complicate terrain and while it added some positive challenge to the game it also felt tedious to focus on. I have not played much PZ yet so excluding that for now, I think zt1 had the best balance of exhibit design being fun and having some nuance to it.

9. BDrop

BDrop New Member

Mega Aquarium is another great game that's fun to play.

10. RhinoHippoElephantGiraffe

RhinoHippoElephantGiraffe Well-Known Member

Zoo 2 Animal Park is my favorite zoo game of all time. I am at level 78 now.

Birdsage likes this.