Join our zoo community

What did you get for Christmas 2021

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by CheeseChameleon1945, 26 Dec 2021.

1. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

Hi all!
    Note: This is basically the same thread from Xmas 2020 :Note
    If you celebrate, and if you got anything, what did you get for Christmas? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can talk about something that you did for this winter holidays season, (doesn't matter if it's not Christmas)

This year was a humble Christmas in my neighborhood. I got some very intriguing books (fiction/nonfiction) that I'm almost done reading already! Strangely, none of these books were Zoology related. I also personally purchased a Climate Change shirt, and an Inaturalist apparel hat.

A new phone was the last one I got :)

Feel free to share or not to, I hope everyone has enjoyed December 2021!
    The weather in Minnesota is so strange . . .

HungarianBison and Dhole dude like this.
  2. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas:)
    I've got an internal aquarium filter for a hypothetical tank, earphones, a Depeche Mode t-shirt and a few other clothes.

CheeseChameleon1945 likes this.
  3. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The zoo-related gifts I got included a Bronx Zoo t-shirt with dholes, Audubon and San Diego Zoo t-shirts, a “virtual membership” to the Bronx Zoo that came with a tote bag and a little plush gorilla (screw people who say I’m too old for stuffed animals!) and an invitation to a “virtual encounter” at Bronx with several different animal options.

HungarianBison likes this.
  4. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

What'd you guys get this year?
    I got lots of jackets and hoodies; I've got way too many. Godzilla Jenga. A few Cryptozoology-themed items: a couple of Mothman t-shirts, a few cryptozoology books, a few pins and stickers, and a Sasquatch figure. An Oculus2 with Moss and JW: Aftermath. What is essentially JP Jeopardy. JWE2 and the two newest PZ DLCs. And a big Nerf gun.

5. Mr.Ivory

Mr.Ivory Well-Known Member

I got a piano, a yard long snickers bar, the book Saurian: A Field guide To Hell Creel, and Jurassic World Evolution 2

ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  6. ParathePineapple

ParathePineapple Well-Known Member

Of the things I got the most notable things I got was a monitor for my computer along with enough money to get both Let’s Build A Zoo and JWE2.

ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  7. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I got eight different Brookfield Zoo guidebooks that from 1938 to 1971, some vintage postcards from Lincoln Park Zoo, a new chain, socks, and some athletic gear. What more could a man possibly ask for? :D

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Dec 2021
  8. Dhole dude

Dhole dude Well-Known Member

Of the few Christmas gifts I received this year, the most notable was a new laptop (which I am typing on at the moment). Along with this, I also attained were two vintage zoo maps (one from the Bronx Zoo, and the other from San Diego).

9. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I bought myself six more books, five that are either field guides for specific regions or scientific books on habitat and ecology, and one which is a book of mental health-related cartoons with animal characters.

Earlier this month I also bought a new laptop (Basically had to as my old laptop had reached the end of a long and very well-used life).

Last edited: 29 Dec 2021