Join our zoo community

What do you want to see in Jurassic World: Dominion?

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Thomas, 23 Feb 2021.

1. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Next Year summer, Jurassic World Dominion will be in theaters, (originally it was this year until movie rescheduling due to last year’s COVID-19 Pandemic). This is the culmination of the entire franchise that would connect all the movies which started in Jurassic Park (1993) that would tie the canon timeline events together.

What we got so far other include the return of the original trio cast who play Dr. Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, and Ian Malcolm, new cast members, new film settings (since the dinosaurs are now on the mainland since Fallen Kingdom), confirmation of new prehistoric animal species which include Lystrosaurus and Giganotosaurus, and the return of a character that hasn’t been seen since the Original Jurassic Park movie, Lewis Dodgson who would be the main villain and CEO of the rival company that tried to steal Ingen’s genetic technology to clone Dinosaurs, BIOSYN.

Though we have a long wait ahead of us, what do you want to expect in see in this movie like how the old and new characters would interact with one another, new and returning dinosaurs, the theme and message of the movie, how would humans and dinosaurs co-exist, what characters from other Jurassic park/world movies should return, what elements from the novels should be implemented, and lastly would they include more accurate dinosaurs like feathered?

2. The Cassowary

The Cassowary Well-Known Member

I want them to bring the Dilophosaurus back.

LowlandGorilla4 likes this.
  3. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

An actual coherent story.

4. JT

JT Well-Known Member

Bring back the spino, and I'd like to see some further information about its backstory and origin if they do

5. Thomas

Other than the Dilophosaurus and Spinosaurus.
    Dinosaurs I want to see return and appear Mamenchisaurus, Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, Dimorphodon, Pachycephalosaurus, and
    Microceratus.
    -Would you want to see Ingen style and accurate Biosyn style versions of them since the Ingen dinosaurs are like established characters as said by the director Collin Trevorow?

JT likes this.
  6. Thomas

As in how the movies connect one another in the canon timeline?
    -Character interactions like Claire, Ian, and Ellie, Owen and Alan, and Maisie?
    -Dinosaur and human interactions more common
    -and lastly, when our main characters uncover and learn of Biosyn’s plans and how they’re indirectly responsible for the fall of Jurassic Park?

JT likes this.
  7. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

An actually good movie

8. Thomas

That we all agree since I heard that this movie will be more of a science thriller in time of the original Jurassic park movie, they’ll be more usage of animatronics and practical effects, and focuses more on the paleo-logical nature approach so no more hybrids.

JT likes this.
  9. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Perhaps if all the featured dinosaurs originally lived in the Jurassic

10. Batto

No, as in a movie you can watch as a sentient human being without chronic face-palming and groaning. With an original story that makes sense and doesn't insult your intellect. With characters who have more than one dimension and behave like they have a bigger brain than a stegosaur. And with scenes of true cinematic magic, like the first brachiosaur encounter in Jurassic Park. But I guess that is too much to ask for...

11. Thomas

Oh, that like I can imagine a scene when Alan, Ian, and Ellie with Owen encountering Blue.

Elements I would like to see from the novels like Dr. Henry Wh gets what’s coming to him like he is killed and eaten by raptors and Lewis Dodgson eaten by baby T. Rexes, I don’t how they’re gonna implement these scenes perhaps Biosyn made their own Tyrannosaurs, but much more accurate looking.

As stated in the movies, that the dinosaurs look like how the public wants to see them, and if the DNA was pure they would look different?

LowlandGorilla4 and JT like this.
  12. Batto

Yeah, sure...lots of movie magic there...
    Out of curiosity: how old are you, @Thomas?

13. Thomas

21, got the original novels for Christmas.

14. Batto

Thanks for that info (regarding the age, not the novels). Then you're apparently part of the target audience - unlike me.

15. Thomas

16. Batto

And I find my pov regarding the current state of the JP, eh "JW" franchise eerily well confirmed by these YouTube channels:

Last edited: 23 Feb 2021
  17. Thomas

It’s not just the cinematic movie Magic scenes, but also the interactions between the characters and of course themes of the franchise which is tampering with nature, thinking you have control, and that “Life will always find a way.”
    Like Dominion might mean that the dinosaurs have retaken the earth as they did millions of years ago after the events of fallen kingdom, the quotes and opinions said by Dr. Alan Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm are more relevant.
    Character interactions like Owen and Alan involving their experiences with raptors, Clairie and Ian clashing views of whether dinosaurs should be saved or not, Sattler might be somewhere in between, as for Maisie like she has a sympathy feeling for the dinosaurs even the carnivores since she is a clone, and like how would the main characters find out and realize that Biosyn was behind everything this whole time like the Jurassic park Incident 1993, the creation of the Indominus Rex and Indoraptor, and the auction and perhaps Eli Mills, Dr. Wu, and Hoskins would of been working for Biosyn this whole time?

18. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

Talking, singing and dancing dinosaurs.

Birdsage and Junklekitteb like this.
  19. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Last edited: 24 Feb 2021
  20. Batto

The interactions consist mostly of screaming, yelling "Run away!" and getting one another killed. The superficial topic of humans playing God and losing control of their creations is nothing new (i.e. the Golem, Frankenstein's Monster etc. etc.), was already played out in the original movie and has since then only been rehashed in each following movie, becoming more and more shallow and meaningless in the face of brainless CGI action.
    How should a meager, manageable handful of artificial larger animals be able to do that? Are they suddenly bulletproof, able to clone themselves and multiply rapidly like some bacteria?
    [4:07]

Last edited: 24 Feb 2021