Join our zoo community

What do you want to see in Jurassic World: Dominion?

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Thomas, 23 Feb 2021.

1. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

What is it with this weird fascination for a fictional company? Maybe they have already been bought up by Weyland-Yutani, OCP, LexCorp, the Tyrrell Cooperation or ACME. ^^

Junklekitteb likes this.
  2. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

All this speculation is pointless. After careful analysis of the first two ‘Jurassic World’ films I have successfully been able to infer the entire plot for the next one. Remember the scene in which the crocodile dinosaur breaks into the room and gets lava spilled on its face (“tis but a scratch”)? After watching it many times, I realised, the dinosaurs were indestructible all along! It will solve all the plot holes in the film, eg: Owen surviving being burnt by lava/ash? He is a dinosaur hybrid! The use of bullets to break the hamster ball, which was stated clearly in the previous film to be bulletproof? The bullets were made of Baryonyx flesh? The fact that the next film will inexplicably feature Brachiosaurus because fans are making such a fuss? It was indestructible too! At first glance, it would appear this development would completely contradict some of the previous films, but you see, some dinosaurs are more indestructible than others! That way the kaiju, I mean, the “Mosasaurus” was able to defeat the Indomitablus-Rexus or whatever it was called.
    Also, it will turn out, the Indian dinosaurs from both films were not the villains (you couldn’t have a villain coming from the same country as the benevolent founder guy of the fourth film, right? I mean, it would be like making a European dinosaur attack Hammond! What blasphemy that would be!). It turns out that they were both trying to cure cancer! If you remember, in one scene in Falcon Kingdok Chris Pratt comments to the evil guy about how he was smart, and could have cured cancer (starts at around 00:43). Since Owen is part dinosaur, he must be very smart, and therefore what he said was true. We can infer that smart people (and dinosaurs) can cure cancer. Therefore, both White Charcharodontosaur and Fake Raptor were simply trying to help further the medical field, but were grievously misunderstood by the people.
    Concluding the plot of Jurassic World 3 from this information is a fairly straightforward excersise which I will leave to you to do yourself.

Birdsage, dinosauria and SpinyLiving like this.
  3. Batto

Congrats to coming to the conclusion that the franchise is a modern re-interpretation of Animal farm ;) . I'm afraid, however, that your sense of humor is completely lost on die-hard fans of this seemingly equally indestructible franchise that manages to get dumber with every new version.

4. LowlandGorilla4

LowlandGorilla4 Well-Known Member

The dinosaurs that escaped aren't the problem, instead its the dinosaurs that were sold at the auction. Now the dinosaurs have been reverse-engineered and the cloning technology is out to the public. Now dozens of companies have the ability to create there own dinosaurs. That's the problem, dinosaurs are accessible to everyone now.

5. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

Especially an answer to the question how the enclosures for raptors, T-Rex and the Indominus Rex were cleaned-there were no barrier enclosures at all to seperate them...Probably every day a new team of animal keepers was used for this purpose....

I also wonder how a T-Rex could get out of a 50 m deep abyss onto the street and why raptors are so smart to check the fence of their enclosure for weak points, but are too stupid to jump out of the open grid of the enclosure when a cow is let down there every day, especially since this giant opening remains open for a long time.... Besides, raptors are too stupid to track down two CHILDREN in a kitchen, and the T-Rex can't even smell its prey when it squats right in front of its mouth and nose....although, according to Part 2, it can smell better than the turkey vulture. Ah yes, and both T-Rex parents leave their baby all alone in a nest that presents it as if on display for other predators, and for hours, Oh boy...No wonder the raptor and T-Rex are extinct-they didn't find anything to eat and they lost to many of their babies....

Also, the new movie should clarify the question why an experienced big game hunter is so stupid to keep the oh so dangerous raptors in such a stupid way, and feed them in an even more stupid way ? Maybe Muldoon should have visited a zoo in the USA before hiring Jurassic Park ? Probably Muldoon was better at shooting animals than keeping them alive ?

Last but not least, please answer the question which mosquitoes bit and sucked the extinct plants to be able to clone them in part 1 ?

felis silvestris and Birdsage like this.
  6. Bib Fortuna

Acme, Acme....I love the portable hole, as can be seen in Roger Rabbit-best to throw in the writers of the Jurassic Park movies....the plotholes in the Jurassic Park movies are by far bigger than Acme's 10 year supply of portable holes....

Batto likes this.
  7. Bib Fortuna

I can deliver them to you....:):)

Well, the dinosaurs are finally free, but not for long - unfortunately, they all don't survive the first, harsh winter, and freeze to death miserably, because they just weren't used to this nasty cold. Lucky again.

Meanwhile, our good old "Dodgson, we've got Dodgson here" has made it to Islar Nublar, where he finds the shaving cream can under the mud.

He returns to his company with it and starts cloning dinosaurs. 5 years later he opens Jurassic Park Los Angeles, which is also doing fabulously, until Dennis Nedry, the fat Nedry, reappears-something survived, and that was Nedry. He simply rolled onto the Dilophosaurus in the jeep and flattened it. Afterwards he hid in the jungle until he could escape from the island by boat-and now he swears terrible revenge on Dodgson, who never paid him the second half of the promised 1.5 million dollars...the circle closes.

So he takes the 750,000 dollars he's already received to have the fat sucked out of him, and gets himself hired as a zookeeper in the new Jurassic Park without being recognized, thanks to fake papers....on July 4th, when the park is packed, Nedry strikes....chaos breaks out, all the dinos are free and hunting the park visitors--but luckily Grant and his wife Ellie, as well as Malcolm, are on hand to save the town. They happened to be guests at the park to refresh old memories--Allan and Ellie have two children, of course, because they can't be missing from a Jurassic Park movie. They are supported by Claire and Owen, who happened to be in the park to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. In the end there is a nasty duel between Nedry and Dodgson. "At last, we meet again, Dodgson. When I left you, I was the learner, now I'm the master." " Only a master in eating, Nedry "

Jurassic World-the final Chapter.

Birdsage likes this.
  8. Batto

Nothing like that was mentioned in the JW movies; that's just fanboys trying to somehow close the giant plotholes left by the inept writers.
    Do you honestly believe that all these decades between the first JP movie and the first Jurassic World, as well as in the three years after the closure of JW, no greedy ruthless profiteers would have thought about this option? They could have gone to any of these islands full of dinosaurs by themselves and catch all the dinosaurs they ever wanted, without having to waste money and time on a silly auction. Henry Wu and plenty of other former employees would have been eager to lend their talents to them, given the money was right.
    Dear fanboys, just admit it: the first movie, Jurassic Park, was a good movie. Good, but not without flaws. But from there, it just went downhill, and it's getting worse with every new installment.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2021
  9. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Let's not forget that dinosaurs can breed and other companies can now make their own dinosaurs?

10. Thomas

an example of human dinosaur interactions becoming more common.

11. Batto

How should a single specimen reproduce - or are all dinosaurs suddenly parthenogenetic, for the sake of plot convenience? Who says that the JW dinosaurs can reproduce on their own? And larger animals all tend not to reproduce rapidly.
    As for other companies - see what I wrote above. They would have had plenty of time and options for that before.
    Bad writing is bad writing. And the JW movies are some of the worst culprits of that among recent films.

More screaming and hiding in the dark is "more common human dinosaur interaction"?

Last edited: 25 Feb 2021
  12. Thomas

It said there is controlled breeding like one area of the park has males and the area females, not to mention the Reed frog gene that changes gender. While the large dinos might take long to reproduce, but the small ones like Compies can reproduce a lot.
    Also there is also a theme with animal cruelty and abuse, seen in fallen kingdom and later in dominion would have a scene in Malta of a dinosaur black market.

13. Batto

Sounds awfully a lot like religious scripture. ^^ Where exactly is this officially stated?
    As far as I know, sequential hermaphroditism has only been documented in one captive colony of Hyperolius viridiflavus and I haven't seen any evidence that this has been documented as connected to a single gene.
    We don't know little if anything about the real reproduction span of Compsognathus (or Procompsognathus in the novels). The fictional JP version might reproduce quickly, but I doubt that these are the dinosaurs the movie considers to "take over the world".
    Unfortunately, there's a lot more and more brutal animal cruelty going on in real life to make the mishandling of fictional CGI creatures have any emotional impact on the audience that has consequences for their treatment of animals in real life. What other arguments do you have? ^^

14. Thomas

15. Batto

Does it? Or is just the same situation as with the baby Triceratops in the novel?
    The link you provided immediately forces me into a dubious online game. Not evoking a lot of trust there.
    Culmination of bad writing, wooden acting and cringey plot holes? Come on @Thomas , let's be honest with one another for a chance. Can you honestly, with a straight face, maintain that both JW movies are objectively good films? On the same level of quality and originality as, say, the first Jurassic Park movie? And do you really, after all my bitter sneering critique about your apparently favorite piece of fiction, think that you can excite someone like me for the upcoming installment? ;)

16. Thomas

I’m sorry, it’s a movie I’m highly anticipated. This thread was meant for what people want to see in this movie, not like a plot hole argument.

LowlandGorilla4 likes this.
  17. Batto

It's certainly not the plot holes alone that make people (based on the posts, it's certainly not just me) disapprove of the JW movie franchise. You're 21 (and not 12), you read the novels, you've seen the points of critique brought forward (maybe you have even considered them), you've watched the original Jurassic Park movie and yet you're still highly anticipating this movie that is, as good as a given, going to be at least as badly written, badly directed, badly acted, badly cut, hell, even badly "CGI-ed" as its precursors (as those two still made a bunch of money), all in all, just another dumb, unimaginative, quickly forgotten movie? OK.:D
    When this pandemic is over, all of us JW critics might have to visit you in California with a bunch of truly grand movies to have a Zoochatter movie night together. Maybe that will help to instill a more defined cinematic taste in you. :D:D

18. Thomas

Okay, so about the movie night my parents might not allow people that I don’t know physically in the house, no hard feelings.

19. Batto

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Then you'll have to come to Salzburg to further your cinematic taste. And I'm not talking about Sound of Music...

20. Thomas

Also it’s not just the movies, the franchise is delving into TV shows like the Netflix Dreamworks Animation’s Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous and they have plans for a live-action TV series in the works, I can picture it like the Mandalorian with dinosaurs.