Join our zoo community

What do you want to see in Jurassic World: Dominion?

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Thomas, 23 Feb 2021.

1. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Oh great... the SW franchise comparison is actually rather fitting. And I do not mean that in a positive way.

2. Batto

3. BerdNerd

BerdNerd Well-Known Member

I think I would like to speak for all of us when I say, they need to bring the Dilophosaurus back. It's been almost 30 years since we last saw that thing in the flesh, and that was only for one scene in the first movie. To be honest, I have no idea why the franchise isn't putting it in any of the movies. Universal Pictures probably knows that we all wanna see it, since it's one of the most requested dinosaurs, but they still don't. They did add the hologram in Jurassic World and we could hear its call at the beginning of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, but at this point they're pretty much teasing us.

The Cassowary likes this.
  4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

If Dilophosaurus does come back, it was a juvenile in the original film, there should be an adult version and it was large and taller than a man that it would be close to human eye level when it looks down at you.
    I picture a biosyn version more accurate based on the new discoveries on the skull meaning it had a powerful jaw, better crests, no frill neck and venom spitting, non-pronated arms with four fingers for each hand, and proto-feather coat.

5. Batto

That'd be a fallacy of generalization.

6. Ursus

Ursus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I kind of liked what they're setting Dominion up for in Fallen Kingdom... The dinosaurs starting to free roam, which the Battle at Big Rock short also showed, dinosaurs becoming danger to humans. And then probably the conflict between those two while in the mean time big corp wants to make money of the dinosaurs.

7. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

8. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It’d be good to see more plot twists in character development. In previous movies, characters were generally established as good, evil, or shady that turned evil.

I appreciate only so much character development can occur in two hours, but it’d be cool to have a character that suddenly betrayed all their friends AND got away with it. Punishment to fit or exceed the crime seems to be a reoccurring motif and has become predictable.

9. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Like getting killed and eaten by one of the large carnivore dinosaurs.

Also three new prehistoric dinosaurs and creatures have been confirmed for Dominion
    Deinonychus (JP 3 raptors retcons), Dimetrodon a permain synapsid, and Pyroraptor (the first dinosaur to be portrayed with feathers in the movie canon franchise)

10. Batto

Dedicated to @Thomas and all those others who haven't already lost any hope in the franchise:

Mr. Zootycoon likes this.
  11. Batto

The perfect movie for those among you who have a hard time following the complex plot, sophisticated dialogue and top-notch acting of the JW movies:

:p:p

ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  12. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

What about Velocipastor?

Batto likes this.
  13. ChIkEn NuGrEt

I hated the Indominus because it just felt like a generic theropod, I wish they created a more interesting dinosaur.

14. ChIkEn NuGrEt

I’d want to see bumpy from the Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous show, 10/10 very cute, interesting coloration

15. Batto

ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  16. Ursus

Ursus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The best movie there is.

17. dinosauria

dinosauria Well-Known Member

Scientifically accurate dinosaurs, for one.
    Also the characters really need better development. I actually liked the original JW, but Fallen Kingdom was a catastrophe (due to excessive swearing, I'm not going to link the video, but Rickraptor105's review basically sums up my feelings on it).
    It would also be great to see the dinosaurs in action on the mainland, less blatant nostalgia bait, adherence to logic, and it would be even better if the people didn't keep acting dumb (see: the event that led to the dinosaur invasion in the first place).

18. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I wonder how you can find those clips so fast in the net. However, they are great. Ryan George "trifft den Nagel auf den Kopf" (German saying for "hits the nail on the head", I don't know if this term is valid/known in English spoken countries too)

Batto likes this.
  19. Salt Merchant

Salt Merchant Well-Known Member

Since the dinosaurs are now free, I really want to see something kind of like WWZ (The novel) or something almost like it (Like many apocalyptic movies, but less chaotic). Dinosaurs roaming across the US, or even began spreading across Canada and Latin America. The Mosasaurus terrorizing the Pacific Ocean or the Carribean, causing disturbance to the maritime trade and killing marine mammals or large sharks. The pterodactylus could be capable to fly from the Americas to place like Cuba or, if they could somehow survive cold weather, to Siberia, so I guess they would be pretty dangerous.

The compies could easily spread across the world through ships. Dinosaurs that were bought during the auction in the last movie would simply be exploited. I kind of like to see the return of JW3 spinosaurus, but not sure how it could work. I also think that the T-rex is going to die, maybe by the spino or someone else.

20. Batto

I can always rely on my little Maniraptora eh birds...^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]