Join our zoo community

What does your user-name mean?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Chlidonias, 21 Apr 2010.

1. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

Fair enough......one complaint so I will change it. Time to contact Ben then

2. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

How Did You Choose Your User Name?

It's simple really, the title says it all. How or why did you choose your user name?
    I decided on Brum because I'm from Birmingham and if you're from the UK and live in Birmingham people call you Brummies. I (for some unknown reason) decided that I would be known as Brum. It no longer seems such an inspired idea but I'm sticking with it.

Anybody else care to share their particular reasoning?

TNT likes this.
  3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

4. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I've never seen that thread, I may just copy and paste my answer there instead! :p

5. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

This has been discussed a while ago here: http://www.zoochat.com/25/what-does-your-user-name-mean-145899/

Mine is the nickname I had at school (zooboy), to which I added 28 when I got an email account ten years ago (and "zooboy" by itself wasn't available). So I just use zooboy28 as my user name for this and a few other sites. It is still my email address, and I feel a bit weird when quoting it for official things, like banking, etc. :D

6. tschandler71

tschandler71 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

my initials and one of my numbers when I played football (along with 44)

7. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Hey Mods, can we merge the two threads please?

Well, I had tried signing up with the username 'UrMumzAGoat', but unfortunately it was already taken. I had to settle with 'nanoboy' instead. ;)

TNT likes this.
  8. AnaheimZoo

AnaheimZoo Well-Known Member

Several months prior to joining the forum I was drafting a fictional zoo called the Anaheim Zoo. When I signed up, that's the only possible name that came to mind.

Since then my "zoo" has undergone a number of changes and is now located in Orlando. Should I join again as OrlandoZoo? :D

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

if the zoo is undergoing a growth spurt, you could call yourself OrlandoBloom

10. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Anaheim...Orlando...got your mouse ears on? :D

11. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It's easy to tell what mine is. Obviously, I'm one of those who believe the Thylacine is still alive (or was until more recently). The nickname Thylo comes from when I was called "Thylo" by someone on here a while back and I liked it. Many people just abbreviate my name as "TA", though.

@HGibbins- Based on what you originally posted it seems you have changed your name from then to now so can you please say what the new meaning is (although I have a feeling it's just your first initial, last name). Sorry if you've already done so but I've not seen it.

~Thylo:cool:

12. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

What does your name mean now?

~Thylo:cool:

13. AnaheimZoo

AnaheimZoo Well-Known Member

Actually, Disneyland was one of the reasons I originally decided to use Anaheim as a possibility in the first place; Anaheim was full of tourist attractions, so I figured "why not?"

I later found that Anaheim already had a zoo nearby, so I figured I'd move the zoo elsewhere. Orlando seemed to have the climate that I was looking for, so I went along with it. Disney World just so happened to be about a forty-minute drive away from the location I picked. :D

Might as well put the ears on now! Haha

14. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

15. zooboy28

Are you from NZ? Or did you see her in England on the Zoo TV show? What is your connection to Nisha?

16. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'm a Brit... met her through The Zoo when it was shown over here (no longer shown in UK for some reason)

Had never had much of an interest in zoos or wildlife before that - the fact they couldn't breed her for lack of a male (at the time, this was the year before the eventual male was imported) suprised me.... I'd always assumed there were loads of Tigers in zoos and plenty to go around. Anyway... logged onto the net to find out the eventual outcome of the story and started to research other species in the process... I got hooked (although I didn't find this site for another few years)

She inspired me to think twice about wildlife and the plight of Sumatran Tigers... I carry the name as a tribute and to thank her for that inspiration. Haven't made it to Auckland just yet, but hopefully one day I will :)

17. zooboy28

That's a great story! :D I hope you do make it to Auckland Zoo sometime, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Its sad they no longer show The Zoo in the UK - maybe you could buy the DVD online?

18. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Vogel means bird in Dutch ( and in German too ) and this because birds are the group of animals I've the most experience with. Commando is a part of the dutch armee which is in english known as the special forces. During my time in the armee I was in the special forces and one of our 'goals' was to observe the enimy - at that time ( beginning 1980-ties ) this were the Russians. Because very few walked around in the Netherlands at that time ;) I spend much time observing birds and among the other soldiers I became known as 'de vogel-commando'.

19. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

What does your user-name mean

Shorthand for Fairy Bluebird in the daily log at a collection not far away.

20. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

That is so cool! I thought that because I was 'special' I could join the special forces. Turns out that it doesn't work like that for some reason....

Have you ever killed anyone? Have you been on any cool missions?