Join our zoo community

What does your user-name mean?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Chlidonias, 21 Apr 2010.

1. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The 15 in my username represents the year I joined (2015) but on hindsight, and having seeing the creative genius behind other people's names on here, I wish I'd chosen something more original. If I wasn't a zoo fan, then why would I be a member of ZooChat!

I think @ThylacineAlive has a particularly inspired username and I like how @Chlidonias was derived from a genus of terns since birds are obviously a passion of his. There's another user on here @Jabiru96, that is no doubt inspired by the bird also? I like usernames also that are inspired by people's favourite animals @soona @Nisha (who I assume is after Auckland's Zoo's famous tigress?).

2. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I love aardvark so there is my name,and I don't even know about the 250 part.

3. Swampy

Swampy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Mine's just a nickname I first acquired in primary school.

4. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose Well-Known Member 5+ year member

My name was originally 'edthetiger26' which is simply my name, for some reason calling myself a tiger and my lucky number 26. I changed it because it sounded childish and when I went to Cotswold WP in 2015, I saw a Magpie Goose and thought their name sounded good and also because it was the first (and only) time I had seen a Magpie Goose and they were fascinating and made a funny sound.

5. jayjds2

jayjds2 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Mine is simply my nickname (Jay) followed by my initials, and I use it for several other sites as well. The 2 is for the fact that I am "the second" as in, I have the same name as my father. I get a lot of questions about that :p. I have considered changing my name on here, but haven't really come up with an alternative that I liked, so I'll stick with this.

6. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Lintworm is the Dutch name for a tapeworm (Cestoda), which I thought was a nice change from all the usernames named after one's favourite animal...

Lintworm also bears some resemblance to my last name and 15 years ago my karate teacher used it as a nickname for me, so that is why it is a tapeworm and not Guineaworm or Plasmodium :p

7. Water Dragon

Water Dragon Well-Known Member

I was really eager to get started on this site and "Water Dragon" was the first thing to come into my mind.

8. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

my name is a combination of my favourite animal and my name.

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  9. migdog

migdog Well-Known Member 5+ year member

My nickname derives from the old Playstation game "Worms", it was a name me and a friend came up with for one of the characters. So it has some minute relevance to animals....

FunkyGibbon, Water Dragon and Brum like this.
  10. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I thought it was a worm which lived in the lint (as in, the dust which collects under a bed). I didn't read anything into the name, but thought it was interesting.

It also sounds like Lindworm, which is also a good name for those who like mythological beasts.

11. animalszoos

animalszoos Well-Known Member

I just chose my nickname because I originally intended to only start 2 threads, and I chose the easiest name I could think of.

12. Mehdi

Mehdi Well-Known Member 5+ year member

French-speaking zoo-tycooner, basically. :p

13. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

Mine's an abbreviation of my first name.

:p

Hix

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  14. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

TheMightyOrca is an altered version of a name I use for a blog. When I came across ZooChat I wanted to sign up so quickly that I didn't want to spend time coming up with a new and creative name ha ha. If I could change it, I'd pick something fun or silly like PangolinParty or UnicornConservationSociety.

15. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Oh, differences in international culture. I somehow thought it is a lindworm (a beast from Scandinavian folklore) and thought you are from Sweden or similar.

16. Komodo99

Komodo99 Well-Known Member

My username is simple.I love Komodo dragons and 99 is my lucky number.

17. ShonenJake13

ShonenJake13 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

My nickname is based off of a few things. The nickname actually originated on a different site. At the time I read various Japanese comic series in a weekly magazine entitled Shonen Jump, so I chose my nickname for that forum to be a homage to the magazine, with my real name and lucky number thrown into the mix.

I'm probably going to change it in the coming year or so as I read the series less and less now, and the name isn't exactly zoo or animal related.

18. Mr. Zootycoon

Mr. Zootycoon Well-Known Member 5+ year member

There is a little more to my username than first meets the eye. I really do like Zoo Tycoon but that is not the sole reason I choose this name. The very first internet forum I registered to was a ZT2 forum, the game still had a growing, flourishing community back then. When I discovered ZooChat, the ZT2 community had started to fall apart. To pay tribute to my favourite game and it's crumbling community (that might soon cease to exist at all), I decided to choose something related to Zoo Tycoon.

For the "Mr" part, well, I thought it was more original than a random mix of numbers or the first letters of my name. And anyone knows I can safely be referred to as a "he". :p

TNT and Water Dragon like this.
  19. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I always read your name as Mr. Zooty Coon. It's just better that way.

20. Azamat Shackleford

Azamat Shackleford Well-Known Member 5+ year member

On other places I used to be called "The Fluffy Raptor" or just "Fluffy" with a name origin I forgot, I just thought it was a random username. Eublepharis or Corydoras aeneus are both nicknames I go by now. Eublepharis, as you can tell, is the scientific genus of the Leopard gecko :p and Corydoras aeneus I'm pretty sure you all know about them