Join our zoo community

What Is Happening With "The Zoo" TV series?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Westcoastperson, 20 Sep 2020.

Tags:
  1. Westcoastperson

Westcoastperson Well-Known Member

As many of you know the Animal Planet channel has a very interesting series of shows called "The Zoo/Aquarium" and my question is what is happening to those shows. The Bronx season 4 ended a few months ago and the Aquarium and Zoo San Diegos seasons ended way before that. They didn't run out of content as even though the zoos were closed there were still construction projects and animals to be documented. Did they stop production because of COVID as a safety measure or have they already announced the new season and I just missed it. I did notice they released a documentary on the people who documented Tiger King which is weird but kinda sounds cool.

red river hog and HungarianBison like this.
  2. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

In regards to The Zoo San Diego show, they had or just about done wrapping up filming. I was seeing a full fledge camera crew doing what look like a show with one of the keepers and coincidentally it was being filmed behind the platypus habitat around December of last year or January of this year when I visited. There isn’t a date set in stone though but hopefully it could come out late this year :)

Westcoastperson likes this.
  3. Westcoastperson

Westcoastperson Well-Known Member

well at least we know something was happening I'm just worried if they continued

Julio C Castro likes this.
  4. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yeah they definitely did halt production for the show for months until they were given the okay to resume filming with obvious precautions. I can’t wait for the new season:)

Westcoastperson likes this.
  5. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

They were filming at the San Diego Zoo just last week.