Join our zoo community

Borth Animalarium What is the future for Borth?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fallax, 15 Nov 2017.

1. Zooreviewsuk

Zooreviewsuk Well-Known Member

2. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Statement from the owner:

"Two years ago today we bought a zoo and what a time we have had. It's been a time of extreme highs and very extreme lows.

We've had amazing experiences and made some very good friends. Unfortunately, due to jealousy, greed or ignorance on their behalf, we have also fell out with a few and some of those people have conspired against us, which has caused us a few setbacks.

It's been a lot of hard work, but we always knew it wasn't going to be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is. I was asked recently if I regret buying a dilapidated zoo and the answer is at times yes. There have been days when I just wanted to roll up in a ball and not get out of bed, but my good wife, Tracy, is stronger than anyone can imagine and she has always been there to lift me up and pull me through. I couldn't and wouldn't do this without her.

Just a few days ago we had a major inspection and I'm pleased to say it went very well. Right now the zoo is looking and functioning better than it ever has done and I'm so proud of the team we have helping us. They all care and work tirelessly to help improve the quality of life for our animal family.

We still have a lot of work to do but I'm really pleased with the direction we are heading and I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

I hope you will continue to support us and please visit us if you get the opportunity. Telling people about our animals is one of my greatest pleasures!"

Borth Wild Animal Kingdom

3. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

The first episode of a BBC series, "Saving Britain's Worst Zoo", is available on iPlayer, here: BBC iPlayer - Saving Britains Worst Zoo - Series 1: Episode 1.
    It is an extraordinary piece of television: even given the obvious need of the programme makers to make things as dramatic as possible, the amateurism on show is something else....

Last edited: 27 Jul 2019
    Crowthorne and CDavies98 like this.