Join our zoo community

Closed Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Simon Hampel, 16 Dec 2016.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

In case you're wondering why there's hardly anyone online or posting - it's because currently only people who use IPv6 to access the internet can get on the site.

All IPv4 users are currently blocked (which is the majority of users) - they can't even read the site ... and I need to migrate all my websites to new servers which is a pretty big job.

I'm hoping to have the website back online within the next 24 hours or so.

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Okey I already thought nobody is intrested anymore in ZooChat ;) ( I understand also I'm one of the lucky ones :) ).

3. vogelcommando

Another question Sim, is this also the cause of the fact that I can't see when I've posted an item that it IS posted. Only by re-starting ZooChat I see it has posted ? Before I discovered this I tried to post some items several times so some dubble posts... sorry.
    Another ( minor ) problem : I've posted some pictures in one of the newly created Galleries ( Vlindersafari - the Netherlands ) and it you click on this Gallery in the list you get to see after clicking on the Netherlands in the Gallery, all 12 pictures can be viewed.
    If you however clik on "Media"on the starting-site, I can't find them back in the recent up-loaded pictures ???
    Something with the new Galleries, someting with the current problems or something I don't understand ?

4. Simon Hampel

Probably is related - the web server is trying to communicate with the search server but will be having difficulty. Happens to me too.

5. vogelcommando

Okay thanks a lot Simon !

6. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

Yay, I'm back! :p
    I suppose the problem must be fixed now because I was unable to access the site for the last couple of days but now, obviously, I can again!

7. Simon Hampel

Not fully fixed yet - just a temporary workaround for now. Expect a few more shortish outages for the next day or so while I get things fully back to operational.

8. overread

overread Well-Known Member

Good luck getting things sorted :)

9. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Please take whatever time you need getting everything fully operational, Sim. We all appreciate your work in keeping this place running.

Arizona Docent and wensleydale like this.