Join our zoo community

Australia Zoo Where is Sabu?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FriendOfTheZoo, 21 Feb 2014.

1. FriendOfTheZoo

FriendOfTheZoo Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Sabu is still at Australia Zoo, or if she's been moved elsewhere since Bimbo died, being that ele's are such social creatures.

Australia Zoo has no mention of elephants listed on their website.

Anyone in the know?

2. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

Apparently she left Australia Zoo and was moved to a circus property, can't remember where or which circus, but I'm sure others on here know.

3. FriendOfTheZoo

FriendOfTheZoo Well-Known Member

She was from Bullens, but didn't know she was moved back there (property in Western Sydney sort of area).

Do they have other ele's there? Must be so stressful for the poor girl. Being alone, as well as moved away from the place she's called home for a decade. :(

4. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

She's been move back to the property she spent most of her life with the family she's known her entire life. I think she will be coping fine. There is now an animal rescue group running out of the property called LOTL. they are a sanctuary. They care for the puma, lions and tigers as well as various other animals. Look it up on facebook.

5. Tigress

Tigress Member

Thanks Jarkari, just to let everyone know, the rescue organisation is LOTL Rescue with the property now called Zambi Wildlife Retreat.
    Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/lotlrescue
    Sabu has settled in really well back on the property that she spent around 40 years of her life.
    The crew at LOTL Rescue are zoo professionals and very experienced in the care of exotic animals including elephants.
    Sabu is showing no signs of being depressed and seems very happy on her 6 acres at the retreat.