Join our zoo community

Which Boston area Zoo is Worth Visiting?

Discussion in 'United States' started by Imperator Furiosa, 3 Jul 2019.

1. Imperator Furiosa

Imperator Furiosa Well-Known Member

I'm going to Boston this weekend, and my itinerary is pretty full already but I do have one free day and I'm planning on going to a zoo that day. This will probably be my only actual zoo visit on the trip but I am going to the Museum of Science another day, albeit to see the Body Worlds exhibit and not necessarily their animal collection. Right now my options are:
    • Franklin Park Zoo
    • Stone Zoo
    • New England Aquarium
    • Roger Williams Park Zoo
    I won't have access to a car so places like Capron Park and Southwick aren't options. The rest of these are accessible by transit for me, and the Aquarium and Franklin Park are the closest to where I'm staying. So, which of these facilities would be the most worth visiting, and what are the collection highlights at these facilities?

2. Yi Qi

Yi Qi Well-Known Member

While I haven't visited any of them, I think Roger Williams Park Zoo is your best bet.

3. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I will also be heading to Boston sometime next year as well, and while I have not been yet I can definitely tell you that the Roger Williams Park Zoo is definitely the best institution out of the four purely based on size and collection.

4. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

5. CuseZoofan

CuseZoofan Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have been to all four and collection wise Roger Williams is best overall, the Franklin Park Zoo does have a decent Rain forest exhibit but not much else really. Stone is nice but smaller than the rest, it also has a better parking situation than Franklin Park. The Aquarium while having a nice collection can be very crowded, but would also probably be the easiest for you to get too since it is right on the subway Blue Line

StoppableSan likes this.
  6. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Shame that you do this weekend. In three weeks I will be in the zone.