Join our zoo community

Why are there so few exhibit pictures nowadays?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Hvedekorn, 18 Mar 2018.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks for your balanced and thoughtful reply, @Hvedekorn.

I think most of the zoos I have been able to visit and photograph at are fairly to very well-known zoos and facilities in Belgium, the Netherlands, western Germany and northern France, and most of them are bigger, well-established zoos that are already well-known and well-documented in the gallery.

Also I have in fact added quite a few exhibit photos from a few of recent visits (and am adding more at the current time also) and I am planning to post more exhibit photos from my local zoos (Antwerp and Planckendael) in the future. Personally I prefer to post a mixture of animal and exhibit photos with a few botanical oddities thrown in on the side and some photographs of signage to complete the story of a zoo. I don't see at this point much reason to change that, at least not as far as recent photographs are concerned.

I have actually visited a few smaller facilities that may not be as well-represented on this site yet, but those visits happened some time ago so I'm not sure it's very relevant to post old exhibit shots, or if it would be fair on the facilities to do so.

It's still a plan for the somewhat distant future to go through my old stuff as I've still got recent stuff to sort through, but at this point I think I might just go ahead with it.