Join our zoo community

Woburn Safari Park Woburn Safari Park 2016

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by anidude, 27 Feb 2016.

1. anidude

anidude Well-Known Member

to kick of a new year

firstly three male lions have been sent to west midlands safari park and from this years leaflet is the following

• the new marmoset area is called marmotopia
    • the tiger cubs are now on show
    • walkthrough or walk by tortoise exhibit with the aldabrans
    • bush dogs guessing in animal encounters
    • new giraffe house with access to the public opening in the summer
    • lastly a bouncy castle in tiny tots safari trail

2. Max Blundell

Max Blundell Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When will the New "Bush Dog" Enclosure opening?
    Will it be Easter?

3. anidude

anidude Well-Known Member

im guessing summer or late spring as it doesnt mention bush dogs on their site or on zootierliste interestingly though they once again are holding colobus monkeys

4. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

5. Max Blundell

Does Anyone Know when the Latest Enclosure in Animal Encounters Will Be open and when The New Giraffe House Will Be Open and How Will They make a Path to the Giraffe house when the elephant meadow is In front of it and Will they have to Update the Foot safari map to add the new giraffe house?

6. Max Blundell

According To The New Map Of The Foot Safari On The Woburn Safari Park Website:

The Bush Dog Enclosure will Be Open In The Summer 2016

Red River Hog Enclosure Covered (AREA UNDER DEVELOPMENT 2016)

But Still No News About The New Giraffe House In The Road Safari

7. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose Well-Known Member 5+ year member

From the zoos website:

"In May this year, construction begins on a brand new state-of-the-art giraffe house for the Rothschild's herd. The new house will feature access for the public so the animals can be viewed all year round, with opening scheduled for late summer 2016."

Also the new Tortoise enclosure has opened:

New tortoise house opens in the Foot Safari

8. Max Blundell

Had A Trip To Woburn Safari Park today, Some Updates:

. A New Male Lion is Seen in the Isolation Enclosure cut off from the rest of the Group in their "Kingdom of the Carnivores" Reserve

. The Kudu are Now found in the "African Forest" Woodland With the Bongos, Macaques and the Patas Monkeys

. The Tiger Cubs were not in the Main Paddock but in the side Pen

. Did not see the Eland Calf and Black Bears cubs in their Reserves

. A New Enclosure in the Dissscovery Centre can be seen next to the Boa Constrictor Enclosure (Unknown what will be in that enclosure)

. Work on the Bush Dog enclosure in the Animals Encounters is still being developed

. The Former? Red River Hog Enclosure is now empty (For the Summer 2016 Development that will start work after the Bush Dog Enclosure or After the New Giraffe House Development

.A Part of the Australian Walkabout Has been Fenced off so it is leading me to think if they are Revamping or Adding a New exhibit

. i did not see the Gemsbok in the park at all so, i think the Gemsbok has left the Safari Park

. The Onyx are now In the Paddock at The Start of the Safari park with the Chapman's Zebra

9. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Has there been any recent changes with the Giraffe herd as far as departures go ? Website mentions they are down to 13 at the moment

10. Max Blundell

Is there Any News on When the Bush Dogs Enclosure will be Completed?
    Also Is the New Giraffe House Be Build at the Moment and does anyone Know when the Building will be open?

And Finally I Was Having a Look at the Latest Foot Safari Map and It Showed that the Former Red River Hog Enclosure was Under Development, I was Wondering what Could Go in its Place, Maybe a New Rainforest House with Sloths, Reptiles and Crocodiles or even A New Biome to the Foot Safari that Leads into the Forest and Has a African Forest Walkabout with Tapirs, King Colobus, Red River Hogs, Warthogs, Hyena, Some Antelope and More but that is Just My Opinion

One Last Question Does Woburn Safari Park Owned all of the Forest to the Back of the Foot Safari? so even if the Safari would be Getting Cramped then they could extend it

11. banham.tiger

banham.tiger Well-Known Member

Went to woburn safari park the other day and noted......

-male lion is kept separate in a small enclosure. The rest of the pride is now quite small with only six lionesses.

-male tiger was kept in a separate enclosure as well. Did he not get mixed with the cubs?

-giraffe house still under construction. There is no way that it will be finished for the summer. Perhaps the autumn time instead.

-there have been a lot of monkey births in the drive thru.

-bush dog enclosure almost finished.

Also are woburn going out of wolves? we only spotted two animals and two are soon going to colchester so im not sure if there will be any left.

12. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Bear Cubs have, or will be joining the main group?

13. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member 5+ year member

14. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member 5+ year member

15. Max Blundell

When Will the Bush Dog Enclosure open?, The Staff Said it will be Open By the end of Summer But it is Now Coming into Autumn and also they Need to get The New Giraffe House Open in Late Autumn- Winter Because the Next Development they are Starting on is the Former Red River Hog Enclosure, so Hopefully they will open the Bush Dig Enclosure Soon

16. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Visited today (for what I was surprised to find on checking my records was my first visit since 2013 - doesn't feel it!) - the Bush Dog enclosure is still being worked on and fenced off, and the former Red River Hog paddock has a sign saying it is being rested (the grass has fully restored itself now).

I still think the walk around section struggles for an identity at Woburn. It feels bitty and tricky to navigate somehow.

Reserves still remain the nicest of the UK safari parks. Saw the young black bears (so great to be able to say that!) and tigers in side pens of their respective reserves, and two young Somali Wild Asses.

And of course, they have Sable Antelope, so I don't really need any other reason to visit! :D

17. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

18. Max Blundell

What Do you think The Former Red River Hog Enclosure will be Used for?