Join our zoo community

Wolf Treks: Zoo Reviews

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by TheEthiopianWolf03, 17 Jul 2017.

1. TheEthiopianWolf03

TheEthiopianWolf03 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I have decided to make a review thread called "Wolf Treks". In this thread, I'll talk about the zoo's that I have went to this year and beyond. Hopefully this will give people an idea about what to expect from a certain zoo. This thread will most likely focus on Californian zoos but since I have a D.C trip coming up... we'll see. For now, stay tuned for the first zoo in this series, Oakland zoo. My very first zoo.

TheEthiopianWolf

2. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

I have visited and reviewed 62 out of the 70 zoos in the state of California, many on the thread Snowleopard's 2017 Road Trip. Therefore, I'm rather curious to hear what you have to say as I always love reading zoo reviews.

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

@TheEthiopianWolf03 - Everyone on this site loves zoo reviews and we look forward to seeing yours. I am not sure how you plan to set up the thread, so my advice may or may not be relevant, but here it is.

If you plan to make one continuous thread with different zoo reviews, that is not the preferred method on this site. The preferred method (and I am speaking now as a site moderator) is to post each review under that specific zoo's header. The reason for this is to make it easier to find. If someone plans to visit, for example, Woodland Park Zoo and you have posted a review under the Woodland Park Zoo banner, it is easy for the prospective visitor to find your review to help them plan the trip. If you post it in a thread under United States or General Zoo News with a long list of different zoo reviews, it is very difficult for people to find in the long term. I hope this makes sense.

We do make an exception for trip threads, allowing reviews to be posted in one thread if (and only if) the thread is about one trip. I do look forward to your reviews and in no way am I trying to discourage you from posting them. Again I hope this makes sense.

Zooplantman likes this.
  4. TheEthiopianWolf03

TheEthiopianWolf03 Well-Known Member

That is what I was planning to do. This thread is more of an into to the following threads. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

TheEthiopianWolf

Arizona Docent likes this.