Join our zoo community

Marine Life Park "World's Largest Oceanarium" set to open by mid-2012

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Zooish, 28 May 2011.

1. Dejiki

Dejiki Member

Saw your photos of an (almost) empty S.E.A. Aquarium. Very nice! I should do that someday :)

2. Zooish

Zooish Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You should! It is a far more relaxing and calming experience, how an aquarium visit should be.

3. Dejiki

Dejiki Member

I was at the Aquarium today and saw the moon jelly exhibit you mentioned on my blog. They've also added a large octopus near the moon jelly tank, though I am not sure what variety - it was too crowded to see.

4. Zooish

Nice. It's in one of the cylindrical tanks I presume? They've been working on that tank for a while. It's most likely a giant pacific octopus, the most common species in aquaria.

Actually I understand that MLP has a number of species being housed at their off-site facility (MARC) which have not gone on display because there's no suitable exhibit for them.

5. Dejiki

Dejiki Member

It's a display before the Moon Jellies. If I remember right, it was previously used to display the small long-nosed fishes. The cylindrical tank at the Sea Jelly walkway is still sealed off.

6. Zooish

Oh it's the snipefish tank just after the spider crabs. Thanks for clarifying.

7. Zooish

In response to the opening of River Safari, the Marine Life Park unveiled its dolphin habitat to the public today. The 24 dolphins are pat of the Dolphin Island attraction - a series of 11 interconnected pools containing 15 million litres of water in total; one of the pools is fitted with underwater windows where visitors can now observe the dolphins from within SEA Aquarium. Dolphin interaction programs will be available at the Adventure Cove Waterpark at a later date.

Marine Life Park's dolphin enclosure opens to the public

8. Dejiki

Dejiki Member

I'm preparing updates (a 3-parter!) on Marine Life Park covering the recent changes and photos of the dolphins. For now, here's a sneak preview!

[​IMG]

Another major change that happened months ago: The sale of S.E.A. Aquarium Annual Passes has been suspended indefinitely. If you managed to have one, you're part of an exclusive club (for now). :)