Join our zoo community

Zoo Wroclaw Wrocław zoo news 2019

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Arek, 27 Jan 2019.

1. Arek

Arek Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Palawan Hornbill (Anthracoceros marchei) hatched. Youngster has already left the nest. There were three chicks last year. Wrocław Zoo is the only zoo in Europe and maybe in the world breeding this species.

2. Arek

Two Black and rufous Sengis (Rhynchocyon petersi) were born at Wrocław Zoo. It was thought that is monogamous species. Wrocław received its pair last year and breed it in 2018 and in spring 2019. But in summer new female was added to enclosure. No conflicts between animals and in november both females have youngster day by day, So now are five sengis in one enclosure.

PAT, Neva, Brum and 5 others like this.
  3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

4. hamoomoo

hamoomoo Active Member

Can anyone verify if the Pallas Cat family are all still present at Wroclow zoo? Hoping to visit from the UK in the next few weeks, specifically to see them. How many are there? I read there are two parents and five kittens, however someone else said only three kittens. Are there any plans to send them away any time soon? I would hate to travel over and find them gone!!
    Amy info much appreciated!

5. ShonenJake13

ShonenJake13 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Last I heard there’s only three kittens. Given they’re less than a year old I would doubt they’re going to leave any time soon, but I wouldn’t just visit Wroclaw for them as they’re not exactly the showiest animals.....

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  6. Marco Penello

Marco Penello Well-Known Member 5+ year member

At the moment there's the pair with the 3 kittens. The kittens are still too young to be moved.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  7. Arek

Yes, there are now parents and three kittens. But you should to hurry, because two youngsters have already left (one female to Rotterdam, second - I don’t know where). Perhaps other kittens will leave Wrocław Zoo soon.

Neva and Kifaru Bwana like this.