Join our zoo community

You have all the money in the world

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by TheMightyOrca, 12 Oct 2014.

1. Gforrestersmith

Gforrestersmith Well-Known Member

If I had all the money in the world, I would build a sanctuary with Bottlenose Dolphins, Giant Pandas, Maned Wolves, Bush Dogs, Giant Anteaters, Przewalski Horses, Okapis, Japanese Macaques, Gharials, Komodo Dragons, Sea Turtles and various species of birds and fish. I might even wanna add an Africa mixed habitat with Giraffes, Zebras, Kudu, Wildebeest, Ostriches and Marabous all in the same exhibit.

2. dunstbunny

dunstbunny Well-Known Member

Haven't read all threads in this area, but the ones I have read are mostly about animals (well, yeah, this is ZOO chat!) :)

Now I have unlimited money and world domination, I would, apart fom the obvious -sending all armies to protect animals in the wild, and building superlarge animalfriendly perfect enclosures- make certain changements for the visitors:

There will be two days a week reserved for grown-ups. And one of these days will be reserved for photographers, means at this day all non-photographers will have to stand back and allow good positioning for the ones who want to take pictures. The grown-up days will also rotate, sometimes during the week, sometimes on weekends.

Families with children (prams and other vehicles are not allowed) must apply in advance and get assigned a personal keeper for the first -let's say 3- visits. If they behave and prove to be responsible, they get an okay-pass. That doesn't mean free entry, just that they wouldn't be so closely supervised after that, and they are allowed to purchase a year-card.

School classes must of course apply, too, and wear name tags with photo, so if mischief happens the okay-pass for the kid's family can be revoked.
    (On adult-days the visitors will be also monitored, it's not only children who behave badly).

And, last but not least, for the animals: there will be one visitor-free day per week, and in general no visitor party days. No weddings, no funerals, no birthdays. Keepers are allowed to celebrate the animals' birthdays, if they feel the need for an extra enrichment day.

3. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'd be down with adult and photographer only days. :) And I like the idea of a visitor-free day as well, I'd probably do the same thing.