Join our zoo community

You might belong or be on zoochat if...

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by JBZvolunteer, 5 Apr 2012.

1. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

You get annoyed when people can't even identify a house mouse that has got into the exhibits ("Giant jumping rats..." sees random house mice "...oh, they're very small aren't they, not very giant."; seriously, have heard this so many times!)

Also, get annoyed when people see a new and/or unusual animal, instantly say "what is it?" then immediately walk off with a "don't know" and not even a glace at the signage :confused:

2. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

When a pair of gibbons is sitting right next to the viewing window and the female is showing off her two week old baby, and you are the only person looking to see how the fence is attatched to the wall.

3. wensleydale

wensleydale Well-Known Member

You indulge in a couple of minutes of baby name (so embarrassed to admit this) list compiling (no I am not pregnant) and 99 percent of the names belong to A) Killer Whales or B) Elephants. Most of my boy names are Killer Whales and most of my girl names are Elephant names. Come to think of it, the bulk of the KW names might be better as middle names because I swore I would never give my child a weird first name unless it was ethnic. Also, naming my child Tilikum might be a bad idea, due to his reputation, even though I adore that animal.

Birdsage likes this.
  4. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

You discover after a zoo-visit by checking your photos that you made twice the number of photos of an odd colored antilope then of the lions ( 50 vs 25 in this case ( black springbock at Artis - the Netherlands ).

5. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

why did you take 25 photos of lions? :p

6. savethelephant

savethelephant Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When you still beat yourself up over missing a rare and obscure species of gorilla

7. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

No need to do that :p we can do that for you!

We always do ;)

8. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Actualy I did this after discovering that of the about 250.000 pictures on my external hard drive about 30 were of lions ( both African and Asiatic ) and I thought they may be a little better represented this way ;) !

9. jayjds2

jayjds2 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When you're flying over Atlanta and you're like "well, hopefully something screws up the plane and I can go see whale sharks, manta rays, tanukis, the whole nine."
    Also when you see something and you're like "that could be a great elephant habitat"

10. wensleydale

You walk past a display of toys at the grocery store (oh to be a kid again) and happen to glance at the back of a box labeled "animal rescue" that seems to feature wild African animals (the box contains a pick up truck with a lioness in a cage on the flatbed behind it, also a couple of human figures in khakis.) You look more closely at the back of the box. Giraffes, nice, Elephants- wait are those Asian Elephants? I believe they are! Anyway, this is a roundabout way of saying that you know the difference between African and Asian Elephant.

You point out this error to everyone that will listen and snicker.

Also, you switched to butter in your cake making so that your birthday cakes will be palm oil free. Can't say I like coconut oil much, so I still use crisco pie crust (oh, for the days when it was made from just soybean oil, I don't know why they started using plam oil et al) but if I find a brand of coconut oil that works as well as crisco I will switch.

11. jayjds2

You go to a zoo. The next day, you go to a zoo and an aquarium. The day after, you go to a zoo. The zoo the first and the last day are the same. You only planned to go to two facilities on your trip.

12. FelipeDBKO

FelipeDBKO Well-Known Member

If you type "zoochat.com" in the link bar.

13. jayjds2

If it's not unusual for you to have 2-3 maps of various facilities on your desk, along with all your homework and other belongings..

14. wensleydale

Your Zoo membership card going missing upsets you more than your ID going missing.

15. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It is unusual for me, that is because I keep them in a plastic wallet so I keep them neat and so I know where they are (I also do similar with my homework :p). I can't actually fit much at all on my desk as there is (or should be) a hamster with cage on it!

16. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Zoochat is number 1 in your most visited websites.

17. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

When you are not taking photos of monuments in cities, but you go to zoo; everything that is not related to zoo or nature, it's not interesting to you

You wonder why most people visiting cities, are not visiting zoos

18. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

You must live a boring life if nothing else interests you. :p

19. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

:p

That's more figuratively said, I am not interested in sport, history or night parties. I am interested in zoos, animals, sunbathing&swimming, doing business, internet, music, astrology and traveling.

Actualy I can't say that my life is fullfilled, neither borring.

20. kc7gr

kc7gr Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You don't mind in the slightest the idea of spending most of the day in a walk-through aviary, leaving only to eat and make restroom stops (guilty, and proud of it!) ;-)