Join our zoo community

Your own Collection?

Discussion in 'Private Collections & Pets' started by kbaker116, 26 Jun 2010.

1. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The only exotic pet I've ever owned was a Carolina anole I caught and kept as a kid. I'm currently a broke college student living in an apartment, so pets aren't an option for me right now. But I'd really like to get some exotic pets in the future...

I've always wanted a pet bird. When I get to a point where I can get one, well, I really want a green cheeked conure but I'm nervous since I've never had a pet bird before. I might consider starting out with a budgie. If that works out, I'll get the conure when the budgie dies, or whenever. I don't plan on ever having a large animal collection (mostly because I don't think I'll ever be in a good position to have one) but I'd like to get a few easy reptiles (Bahama anole, whiptail lizard, corn snake, etc.) and maybe a fennec fox.

If I ever get tons of money (lol as if) I'd want to open up an animal sanctuary. Not the same as a collection, but whatever. Not sure if the sanctuary would be general or specialized.

2. stubeanz

stubeanz Well-Known Member

Serious future species I would like further down the line in life would be marbled polecat, streaked tenrec, asian musk shrew, bush dog, fat tailed dwarf lemur, brush tailed porcupine and least weasel.

Space is the main issue so it wouldn't be until I am able to move to have more land but these species have always captured my imagination along with tenrecs!