Join our zoo community

youtube

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Bisonfan, 4 Nov 2021.

1. Bisonfan

Bisonfan Well-Known Member

does anyone know of any animal youtubers my personal favourite is brian barczyc.

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  2. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

I wish the man would give those snakes better homes than plastic tubs lined with paper.

Mossman Joe and TNT like this.
  3. Bisonfan

Bisonfan Well-Known Member

ya it is cheap but still like come on

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  4. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't watch animal YouTubers often, but rather "check in" on their channels every few months or so. Some of my favorites are Snake Discovery, AfroHerpKeeper, and AntsCanada. Jartopia is my favorite and the only one who I watch all of their uploads.

OkapiFan and Bisonfan like this.
  5. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I've watched a couple of Kamp Kenan's vlogs, the guy very enthusiastic about his tortoises.

TNT and Bisonfan like this.
  6. Matheus Carbonero

Matheus Carbonero Active Member

I like watching Animalogic videos.There are some smaller channels that talk about Zoos, like Zoo Tours, In The Loop and Tom's Road Trippin. Finally there is TierZoo which I find really funny and creative.

7. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

I like zoos travelers, virtual zoo tours, and stripy yoshi in addition to the aforementioned zoo channels.

Bisonfan, Grizzly Hound and OkapiFan like this.
  8. IndianRhino

IndianRhino Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite zoo-related channels are Zoo Tours, EchoBeluga, Tilikum16, and a variety of other orca/Seaworld related channels.

Jambo and Bisonfan like this.
  9. Neil chace

Neil chace Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Two of my favorites are @Moebelle's channel and @Patrick "Leaf" O'Brien's channel. I also enjoy watching Snake Discovery, Clint's Reptiles, and Wicken's Wicked Reptiles.

10. birdsandbats

What channel does Patrick "Leaf" O'Brien run?

11. Neil chace

Neil chace Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Leaf Productions.

12. Northwestern Wolf

Northwestern Wolf Active Member

Oh my god, I have so many of them,
    I do enjoy zootours. But I frankly don't watch zoo videos a lot except Zootours.
    I watch Casual Geographic (Amazing dude), Terra Mater produces good documentary, I loved (not only love but breathed) Brave Wilderness a lot, I still check in time to time. I watch the Australia Zoo channel too. Animalogic.

Did anyone also watch Brave Wilderness once?

Dr. Wolverine likes this.
  13. ZooTripper365

ZooTripper365 Well-Known Member

Stripy Yoshi was the channel that helped me get into zoos growing up. I remember looking through his videos and thinking "oh that zoo has that species, I'd like to visit there" as did Zoo Tours for zoos in the U.S.

Rohin likes this.
  14. Rohin

Rohin Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but isn't stripy yoshi's channel now called George Cuevas ?

15. ZooTripper365

ZooTripper365 Well-Known Member

Yes it is nowadays. I referred to it as Stripy Yoshi as that was when I primarily watched the channel.

Rohin likes this.
  16. Mossman Joe

Mossman Joe Well-Known Member

Some time ago someone posted about a relatively new channel called Zoo Blether which quickly became my favorite zoo-related channel so far.

Other animal related, non-zoo channels I follow are Mossy Earth, Reptiles and Research, SerpaDesigns, Animal Wonders Montana, Bizarre Beasts, and Clint's Reptiles.

Somewhat out of topic, but very underrated imo is the channel "Unnatural History Channel" which doesn't show actual animals but tries to apply real-life animal behaviours and physiology to fantasy animals in shows and videogames in a way that doesn't talk down to the audience.

Austin the Sengi and Rohin like this.
  17. Rohin

Rohin Well-Known Member

Somewhat out of topic, but very underrated imo is the channel "Unnatural History Channel" which doesn't show actual animals but tries to apply real-life animal behaviours and physiology to fantasy animals in shows and videogames in a way that doesn't talk down to the audience.[/QUOTE]
    Unnatural history channel is really great. I don't play monster hunter but his videos still feel very interesting. I also like his videos about monster design and how zombies evolved in movies over the years. One more channel very much like his is curios archive which also features similar content.

Mossman Joe likes this.
  18. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I don´t know any details of Mossy Earth staff or organisation. But I watched few videos about some Slovak projects where I know a little about reality/backround of these projects. And I found it little offputting how those videos pretend that Mossy Earth is anything else than an influencer channel that lives off donations. ME has nothing to do with planning, permits, realisation on ground or financing of those Slovak projects (maybe apart a token donation of few euros within projects that sometimes took locals 20-30 year of negotiations/preparations/political infighting and millions of euro).

Imagine Mossy Earth would do a popular youtube video that would imply it was them who was massively behind organising and financing Klamath river dam removal and restoration, instead of donating 1k euro towards it (while collecting 5k off their audience and using the remaining 4k for their own running costs/salaries).

19. birdsandbats

Mossy Earth is at least involved in financing these projects, plus they do have biologists that work with the projects, although I don't know to what degree they are involved.

There's a few projects Mossy Earth even runs themselves and they do own land that they do restoration work on. They are far more than a mere influencing channel.

Edit: Found this on their website, if that helps:
    Project Selection Protocol

Last edited: 22 Nov 2023
  20. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I was talking specifically about their involvement in "their" projects within Slovakia they present on youtube. All they do within Slovakia in reality is sending few people to film videos for their channel and they make token donations.