Join our zoo community

Zoo Archives

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Paul Scott, 13 Jun 2005.

1. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Member

Hi all,

Nigel has suggested that I put in a brief thread about my website. Although it has been running for nearly a year, there is still a colossal amount of work to do on it.
    Basically it is a history of all wild animal collections worldwide with brief notes on their history.
    So far I have about half the info for the UK, I have started on the USA and thanks to Nigel I have begun on Australasia. You can view the website at www.zooarchives.50megs.com .
    Now for a favour: If anyone has any information on their local zoo(s) or scans of guidebooks, maps etc could I use them on the site?

Paul

2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Pauls website

I hope that other members are able to help Paul out , even if it is locating previous zoos that no longer exist .
    Paul was happy to put in my views of zoos that I have been to , I am sure that he will also publish zoo reviews about places that other members have been to ? ( Maybe this could be a way that we can tell the world what we think of the Irwins ? Crikey -- imagine the exposure )
    seriously though , it would be good to help out like minded sites if we can ?

Paul , do you know of any other people from your side of the world that would benefit from , and be part of Zoobeat forums ?
    I always enjoy reading about other non Australian members views ( I have nothing against Australians -- I reckon they are good folks , despite sporting rivalries between us ) but I think it is great to hear from zoo folk from the Northern hemisphere .

3. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Member

Other people

I am in contact with a number of people from the UK and Europe who would join the forums. Some are even zookeepers!

4. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Member

Recent Changes

Hi all,

It's been a long time coming, but I have finally added a lot more information on the website (www.zooarchives.50megs.com) . Mostly for US Zoos, but a few others as well.
    Although I have to thank Nigel for most of the legwork for me!