Join our zoo community

Zoo Exhibit Medley

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Cetacean_lover, 28 Nov 2015.

1. Cetacean_lover

Cetacean_lover Member

Hi guys. I am starting a discussion based on a dream zoo made up of your favorite exhibits from different zoos. Limit one exhibit from each zoo and only one exhibit per species. For example, mine would start out with the Polar Bear exhibit from the Detroit Zoo, the Savannah from San Francisco, grizzly bear from the Woodland Park Zoo, and the hippo exhibit from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. It would be great to hear your ideas!

2. Cetacean_lover

Cetacean_lover Member

I would also definitely add the elephant exhibit from Zoo Zurich until the new Oregon zoo 6.5 acre elephant exhibit is completed.

3. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member

I'm rather fond of the white-cheeked gibbon exhibit at the San Antonio Zoo, the gorilla exhibit at the Houston Zoo, the Grizzly Coast exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo, and the aquarium tunnel at Moody Gardens.

4. Cetacean_lover

Cetacean_lover Member

Interesting... the grizzly bear exhibit at Minnesota is very similar to the one at Woodland Park... I like your choice of the San Antonio Zoo's gibbon exhibit, the mesh aviary-type cage mixed with glass window viewing areas are a good combination of materials.

5. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. And the "environment" of the exhibit is pretty varied, not only does it look cool but it allows you to observe different behaviors. And the exhibit is very tall so you can watch them climb up pretty high, ha ha. San Antonio Zoo admittedly doesn't have much in the way of great exhibits, but the gibbon one is pretty awesome.

6. elefante

elefante Well-Known Member

I like Kingdoms of the Night in Omaha. Kilimanjaro Safaris in Disney's Animal Kingdom is also nice.

7. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member

I like the free-ranging orangutans in the singapore zoo.That's great that the orangutan have so much space to climb and you can view them in a different way.:)

8. Falanouc

Falanouc Well-Known Member

That sounds like an amazing exhibit, aardvark250. Isn't it a little dangerous, though?