Join our zoo community

Zoo Guidebooks from Australia

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Bib Fortuna, 14 May 2015.

1. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

Which zoos,Wildlifeparks and Aquariums in Australia currently have a guidebook/souvenierbook?

I have the impression, they become also Down under a rarity, so Melbourne has stopped producing guidebooks since 2001 and Adelaide since 2008, my last Healsville Guidebook is published around 2008/09, and also Dubbo and Werribee don't have guidebooks anymore. I have only a 2012 Guidebook from Perth Zoo, 2013 Taronga-Zoo and 2012 Currumbin; also a Sealife Sydney Guidebook from 2013.These are my newest Guidebooks from Australia.

I'm still interested in autralian guidebooks, so if anybody is interested in exchange for europaen/us-guidebooks of any age, please pm me.

2. zooboy28

zooboy28 Moderator Staff Member

I think Taronga is the main Zoo still producing guides, I don't know if the SeaLifes still do, there wasn't one at Melbourne SeaLife this year when I visited. The more touristy places probably do as well, e.g. Currumbin and maybe Australia Zoo? Crocosaurus Cove has a guidebook, which is quite nice and cheap, but doesn't appear to have been updated since the Zoo opened in 2008. Other than that I can't think of any.

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member

you went back to the aquarium this year? Was it better or worse than your previous visit, or have you banished it from your mind?

4. zooboy28

zooboy28 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I went in Feb or March. I'll need to go through photos and write a little update, but I'm still working my way through the backlog at the moment. Overall I think it was better.