Join our zoo community

Zoo Invertories

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Reptile Boy97, 31 Dec 2013.

1. Reptile Boy97

Reptile Boy97 Active Member

Hi, this is my first thread. I have been reading a few threads, and some of the posts ask about what specific animals certain zoos have, and when people reply they say they have looked at the inventory for that zoo. I just wondered how you can see the different inventories for the zoos? I would be particularly interested in seeing the ones for whipsnade, London and longleat.

Thanks for any replies

2. thunder_monkey

thunder_monkey Active Member 10+ year member

ZSL have the inventories for London and Whipsnade on their website, as do Marwell. I don't know about Longleat, I'm afraid.

For the ZSL zoos, go on to the zoo's website and then the "animals" tab and the link to the pdf file is as the bottom (e.g. http://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/exhibits/ - scroll down to below the photos). These are the inventories done at the start of 2013, so don't take into account any changes during the last year.

Hope this helps

3. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

4. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Many zoos, particularly the ones which are charitable trusts, have inventories in their annual reports (although they are often rather out of date by this time of year). In many cases they can be downloaded from the 'About Us' section of the website. A quick check shows that Bristol, Chester, Edinburgh, Marwell and Paignton have these available - I am sure there are more.

Alan

Last edited: 31 Dec 2013
  5. Reptile Boy97

Reptile Boy97 Active Member

Thankyou everyone for your help. How do you see a zoos annual report?

6. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

For some of them you have to me a member while some,you can view on the zoo's website,some even have printed copy's or a CD-Rom that they will sometimes send out to people when asked,bare in mind that some of the ones that do printed copy's or CD-Roms will only send them out of you are a member of the said zoo!

7. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member