Join our zoo community

Zoo Map Collectors Exchange

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by okapikpr, 11 Jun 2008.

1. okapikpr

okapikpr Well-Known Member

Hey Zoobeat members!

I have a large collection zoo/aquarium/animal park maps and guidebooks from the United States. And I would really like to expand my collection to an international status...however I will need your help. I understand that many of you collect or are considering collecting maps/guides of our favorite places and most of us visit many zoos/aquariums during the year.

What I am proposing is that we each collect maps/pamphlets from the facilities we visit during the year, then once or twice a year we would send each other the items collected during that timespan. And since most places hand out maps for free the only real expense of this exchange would be postage.

If anyone would be interested in joining me to expand our collections please send me a pm.

2. djaeon

djaeon Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in doing that. I could trade maps of the San Diego Zoo & Wild Animal Park.

3. okapikpr

okapikpr Well-Known Member

I have now made some contacts in a zoo map/guide exchange, especially in the US and some European countries. However, I am wondering if there are any Australian, French, Spanish, or Asian zoochat members interested in exchanging maps and/or guides of zoos and aquariums. Please pm me if you would are interested.